Chapter 17

He handed me a box. "What is this?" I asked with curiosity. I was hoping he was gonna propose.

"Open it." Ok, so he's not gonna propose. But it was a ring.

"Sidney, it's...it's amazing. It's beautiful. I love it." He hugged me.

"I want to be together forever." So he was proposing?

"I-I don't know what to say." I was speechless.

"You don't have to. I already have. Look at the inscription underneath the diamond." It read: SC + KD = <3 4ever

I was near tears of joy. "I love it." He kissed me.

"I love you."

***

I could feel my head start to hurt. Again. It didn't feel very good. "You alright?" I nodded lazily.

"Yeah I'm alright. Do you think I have a concussion?" I asked all of a sudden?

"Why?" He asked.

"Because...I get these headaches a lot more now, and Sammy, one of the trainers, had told me I might have one." He shrugged as he started the car.

"I don't know. Maybe ask the coach or something?"

***

I texted Mallory who was good with injuries like mine.

ME: hey mal, I have a Q, for U

MAL: hi!! What's up??

ME: do you think I have a concussion??

MAL: y??

ME: I was playing hockey and got checked into the bet really hard and hit my head pretty damn hard. Now I've been having headaches like every few hours...HELP!!

MAL: calm down!! Jesus Christ and his brother Bob! And yes. What you should do, is get plenty of rest.

ME: I've tried that. Well I can't now that I'm with ESPN!!

MAL: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

ME: IKR!! I think I'm gonna go see a doctor.

MAL: k. Hope I helped:)

ME: yup:) bye:)

"Can you drop me off at my place?" I asked. From there I was going to the doctor.

"Yeah. Sure." He smiled. I just rested my head on the windowsill, looking at my ring.

"So pretty. Very pretty." I was acting childish.

"Haha thats cute." He smirked.

"Oh shut up!" I shot back. He put up his innocent hands. "I'm sorry. I'm just really tired, and I'm-."

He pulled over.

"No. I don't want to hear it. You keep telling me how much of a bad girlfriend you are...and I didn't like that so I gave you a promise ring. Look, I didn't mean to say that." He gave me the ring to shut me up?!

"Sid, I'm flattered. Really. No, I'm actually so happy right now. Just take me home please."

SIDNEY'S POV

"I'm so sorry. I thought-." She got out of the car.

"You thought wrong! I hate you so much right now!" She walked off crying.

***

I hate it when we fight. She walks away crying, I walk away mad, and we wont speak to each other for a few hours. But I won't know at this point.

"Hello?"

"Hey Sid. What's up?"

"I'm so stupid." I rant fingers through my hair.

"Uh why?"

"You know the promise ring I gave Kelsey? Well I told her why I gave it to her and now she's pissed at me."

"What'dja do that for, stupid?"

"I don't know Sutter. I'm going to find her."

I hung up.

ME: can we please talk??

ME: I never meant to hurt you:(

I gave up.

I decided to go down to Colson and hit some slapshots.

KELSEY'S POV

I needed a hug. Or even just a smile from someone. But what I really needed was comfort. So I called Blake.

"Hey. What's up baby?"

"Can I come over? Or is Chase home?" I asked.

"What's wrong baby doll?" He sounded alert.

"I'm breaking up with Sidney! He gave me a promise ring and then told me why he gave it to me! Just to-."

"I'll be over in a few. Hang in there."

"Okay. And Blake? I love you."