Chapter 15- A Very Special Christmas

I slept on the sofa that night and I can honestly say it was the best nights sleep I'd had in a long while, knowing I was safe and close to my babies. The following morning I awoke with a jolt. It was Christmas day and I hadn't got anything for my darling babies or family. I dressed and went out into the garden, gathering together some stones of varying sizes, which I brought inside; placing them on the coffee table. I placed my hand on each, thinking what to change them into. For my babies I produced perfect little cuddly toys, a dragon for Fafnir and hare for Fawn. For Fred I made a pocket watch the same colour as the stone, a cool blackish grey and I cut a lock of my hair which became the golden chain, numbers and the hands. On it's reverse I made a clock similar to Molly's, with the manes of our small family on each of the hands. For George I created a set of ear muffs with only one muff, laughing a little as I did. For Molly, a set of beautiful hat pins and for Arthur a set of colour changing rubber ducks. For Ginny I took several stones and created a beautiful emerald green dress and a pair of high heals. For Bill and Flur there was a pair of tea cups, one with black wolves on and one with silhouettes of beautiful women. Then, finally, for Charlie I made a stone dragon with glowing gem stone eyes and its mouth wide open, as though it was going to breath fire. I sat back, surveying my handi-work with critical eyes.

There were footsteps and Fred poked his head around the corner, grinning. I snatched the watch up and shoved it deep into my pocket. 

"Woah," he said, looking at the presents, "when did you get all these?"

I winked at him, standing up and throwing my arms about his neck and kissing him.

"Is there any wrapping paper around?" I asked when we broke apart.

He nodded and went to a cupboard, returning a few moments latter with a roll of wrapping paper with jolly Hippogriffs on and some Spell-O-Tape in the other hand. He tried to help me wrap the gifts, but he was terrible at it. Just as we finished an excited George bounded in, dragging a sleepy and disheveled Ginny behind him.

"Can't we do this latter?" she growled.

"Oh sis," George said, "where's your Crimbo spirit?"

"Where you're going to be in a minute," she muttered darkly.

Next down was Molly with Fafnir and Fawn, Arthur right behind her. I took my babies happily and cuddled them. Bill and Fleur came down shortly after, Charlie would be arriving latter. We all sa down and had a cup of tea and I fed my babies.

Then it was time for the gift giving. All of them had gotten me a gift, which was a pleasant surprise. I received a knitted jumper from Molly, a spark plug from Arthur, a beautiful necklace from Bill and Fleur, a hair accessory from Ginny and a set of earrings from George, which I thought was pretty funny. Fred was apparently going to give me his latter. All were delighted with their gifts from me, which made me feel great. 

When Charlie arrived he gave me a huge hug.

"When you didn't come back, we thought you were dead! We sent word that you were," he whispered.

I found out latter on that he'd kept Antonio with him and actually rather enjoyed his company. It was a rather subdued Christmas day over all and the thing that really struck me was at two in the afternoon when the Wizarding Wireless was tuned to Potterwatch.

"-and so now, we honnor those who can't be with us this year for Christmas," said the crakling voice of Lee Jordan.

There was a list of the known dead, both Wizard and Muggle alike, then a list of the still missing. It brought tears to my eyes at the sheer numbers. As a song began to play, I went into the kitchen to get some water. Ginny was stood before the sink, looking out of the window blankly.