Chapter 10- Escape and Capture

As I came past the sitting room once again I found it was empty. The tell tale murmur of voices were now coming from the ball room. I took a deep breath as I paced towards it, heart in my throat. I raised my wand and tapped the pendant, allowing the armour to spring from it, covering my body.

"Thank you, Merlin," I murmured.

I put my hands on both doors that were closed to me and waited for the right moment.

"Where is Draco?" I heard the Dark Lord demand.

"My Lord, I don't know," said Luscious, I could hear the worry in his voice.

"The boy shall be punished for not attending," said Voldemort off-handed.

There was a silence for a time and I heard the sound of Nagini's belly across the flooring and some hissing from her to Voldemort.

"There is someone here," he said after a moment.

"Ecce nos," I murmured, making myself visible.

This was it.

I pushed the doors open, making them fly back and hit the walls. I stalked across the room, my hips swaying and hair flowing behind me, my face haughty and proud, hoping to myself desperately that I looked impressive and imposing. I stopped at the end of the long table and slammed my hands down on it, looking up its length at Voldemort. I smiled.

"I beleive you've been expecting me?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"You are She?"

"I am the Powerful One," I said, straightening up, "I have come to face you."

"What is your name, woman," he demanded, standing up, his wand in hand.

"You know who I am," I replied.

"If you are as gifted as your title suggests, you will be a valuable ally," he said, his red eyes flashing with the promise of something nasty if I refused.

I looked him dead in the eye and smiled sweetly to him.

"You clearly have no idea who I am," I said, stepping back from the table and taking a couple of steps around it, behind the first Death Eater to my left, Walden Macnair, making him uneasy, "as if you did, you would not be so... eager to gain my alliance."

I took another couple of steps forward to stand behind Nott, he shifted uncomfortably. Voldemort remained where he was, looking at me intently, trying to understand. I glanced at Snape, whose face gave away nothing, but there was panic in his eyes. I saw Voldemort recognise this too, seeing that Snape recognised me. 

"Who is she, Severus?" he demanded.

"A student," he replied stiffly, his eyes betraying nothing now, "she should be entering her sixth year currently."

Voldemort turned his eyes back to me and I took a few more steps forwards, standing behind Narsisa, one hand on its ornate chair back. 

"What are you doing out of shcool, then, girl?" he demanded.

"I'm surprised you don't know," I said calmly, pacing forwards once again to behind Luscious.

I could see that Narsisa and Lucious were holding hands under the table, their knuckles white, like they were holding onto each other for dear life. They were worried about Draco, I could feel it. 

"Tell me," he demanded as I came ever closer.

I was now a few steps away from him after a long silence, behind Bellatrix's chair. I put a hand upon its ornate backing and once again Voldemorts eyes met mine and I then saw realisation dawning upon him. I raised my right hand and showed him the scar on my palm, the unicorn from Draco's Dark Mark. He looked at it with slight curiosity, but I could see he was getting impatient.