Bows n Arrows + Vampire

Hey Guys,

This is my first story. I just wanted to post it up to see how it would work out. I hope everyone likes it. Please vote and comment!

Thanks!

Bows n Arrows + Vampire

Chapter 1: Fight for Spouse Day

My heart races as I see the crowd that starts piling into the arena. Any moment now, they will all be seated, and the horns will be blown, indicating the starting of the match. I had always practiced and fought in battles for this day, perhaps it is because I was more worried of the consequences of losing, then my sisters were. The sun is high in the sky, with little strips of clouds falling in and out everywhere. From the humidity that is piling up here, I doubt it will rain today. Not that I want it to rain, because if that happens, then the match gets canceled. I just want today to be over with. You are probably wondering what today is right? Well, sorry to keep the suspense, but let me tell you, that today is the "Fight for Spouse" day. Our father, who believes us to be the best daughters in this world (doesn't everyone's dad think that?) is very unwilling to give us away in marriage, and believes that the men who want to marry us, should be capable of protecting us and keeping us happy (like having a guy who is burly and kicks someone's ass 24-7 would keep me happy, please). So, as a condition for winning our hands in marriage, each eligible bachelor had to go through 3 rounds of fighting. The first round was with all the eligible bachelors who competed to yield to the top seven. Then, the second round was to fight the top ranked knights of our kingdom, and lastly, the third round was to fight against us seven sisters. Interesting right? Who would believe we were the top best fighters in the whole kingdom? By looking at all of us, you would probably think that we were some princesses who were completely spoiled and did not know what physical pain or suffering meant.

There are seven of us: Gia, Gwen, Gwendolyn, Guinevere, Giselle, Gabriella, and me. We are waiting for the announcement for who will be next to fight. Giselle plays around with her locket on her neck, while Gwen absentmindedly plays around with her hair. Gia, who is the youngest, is staring off into space while Guinevere and Gabriella are playing a game of checkers. Gwendolyn is painting a picture of the crowd that has gathered before us in the fighting arena. I wonder how she can see, because all of us are put in a tent that is covered from all sides. Maybe she poked a hole somewhere without father noticing. I envy my sisters, because they are beautiful and all have a blend of our father and mother's beautiful complexions. All of them have creamy complexion with caramel colored eyes. Everyone has curly jet-black hair, for some, falling to their shoulders (Gia, Guinevere, Giselle) and for some, falling to their waists (Gwen, Gwendolyn, and Gabriella). They are tall with slender figures and long legs. I, on the other hand, have a tan complexion and am petite, only measuring to a height of 5.4". I have short muscular legs and have a curvy body, which is toned, because of my strenuous practices. My dark brown hair is straight and it falls to my waist, flying in different directions from all layers I have in it. The only physical feature that I love about myself is my bright blue eyes, which stand out against my tan complexion.

Now that you know who the other six are, you are probably wondering who I am. I am Genevive, the fourth eldest daughter of King Aldric and Queen Adrianna, who rule over the Kingdom of Water. The Kingdom of Water is responsible for protecting the world from destruction by demons such as werewolves and vampires. We have a royal guard here, which is led by all seven of us sisters. We called it G7 for short, since every leader in the guard had their names begin with the letter G. While growing up, our parents deemed it necessary for us to have education in politics (☺), art of warfare (☺), and lastly (ugh): marriage (☹). Ugh, how I hate the topic of marriage. The instructor we had in there always gave me punishment for not focusing in the class, because I would always doodle pictures of me beating men up for my homework and exams. But who needed marriage? I was completely independent on my own, and was capable of protecting myself; I didn't need some guy to do that for me. As we grew up, everyone knew I was different, because unlike my six obedient sisters, I was extremely rebellious. If I didn't like anything, I was immediate in showing my opinion through interesting ways. For example, as a law in our kingdom, every girl, after passing the age of sixteen, was supposed to wear knee-length skirts, and was forbidden to wear pants (unless in combat). I loved my pants, and secretly called them genie pants, because they resembled what genies would wear. I was furious when they came to announce this law at my sixteenth birthday party, so as revenge I took every man's pants and ripped off the sewing, to make them resemble skirts. You can guess what the outcome of that was. There was chaos in royal household for the next 3 weeks, as everyone walked around in skirts. Tailors from the whole kingdom were called in to sew the pants back together, and the law itself was abolished. Hah, that served them right. Gia should be thanking me for this, because yesterday was her sixteenth birthday, and she didn't have to let go of her pants. Like me, she hated skirts.