Rescued from hell by the devil

* Violet Blake *

My cell was cold. It was a small cement room with one bunk and a dirty toilet. I refused to even consider going in it and settled with sitting on the edge of the bed. I have been here for what feels like five hour but could only be one.

Who could have said I stole something?

As my mind ran over those thoughts someone came up to my cell door.

"Our witness retracted his statement. Your free to go." a loud voice boomed, nearly scaring me from my skin. I turned to the heavy police man who unlocked my cell.

"What?" I asked stupidly. He stepped aside so I could get through the small door. When I did he said in a much slower tone.

"Our witness saw you and said you were not the girl he saw rob the store." He explained. we walked down the vacant halls while he continued to explain. "Honestly I don't understand how we got this wrong. Sorry for your trouble."

Easy for him to say.

When the man and I got to the station, I saw none of my family members here to greet me.

"Wheres my family?" I asked. The man gave me a polite smile and pointed to a tall boy in the corner. My heart stopped instantly.

"He said he would take you home." the police officer stated. He tried to walk away but I grabbed him arm.

"I-I can't go with him." The police officer carefully removed my hand from his wrist and gave me a gentle smile.

"Don't worry he won't hurt you. He's your bother." he tried to assure.

Brother? what?

I started to protest but the officer walked away.

How could he just leave me with him? Why did he think he was my brother. He's not Dylan! Didn't he check his ID or anything!

Taking a deep breath, it turned to face my ride home.

James.

* Riley Bennett *

"Let me out of here!" I protested. I sat up only to have my mother push me back down.

"No. The doctor said you have to stay here till tomorrow when the tests come back." she said sternly. Ever since mom told me about Vi I've been going crazy. What if she's in jail with some creep? What if he's a murderer? What if he tries to hurt her!

My fist clenched at my side. If something does happen to her it's the damn hospitals fault! If they let me go I could go save her.

"Mom, don't you get it? Violets in jail! What if she's hurt or in danger? I have to help her!" I tried to sit up again but my moms hand was already placed firmly in my chest.

"She's fine." mom stated simply.

"How do you know! You the one who couldn't help her in the first place! If you had been a better psychiatrist and helped her we wouldn't be here in the first place!" I yelled. I couldn't stop it from coming out of my mouth. I know the truth hurts but right now I hurt more.

My mothers eyes widened at this. Her hand on my chest suddenly didn't hold much power anymore.

I knew I'd gone to far.

"Mom" I tried. She only shook her head.

"No no your right." she said, standing up from my bed.

"If I would have helped Violet we wouldn't be here right now. Your completely right." although the sentence was directed at me it sounded more like she was talking to herself.