Stop and turn away

* Violet Blake *

I woke up with the worse headache EVER. Last night was a blur. I looked around and noticed I was in my room. On my bed.

Wait. how did I get here?

All I remeber is that guy giving me a drink. Urg, hopefully I snuck in the house or something.

I got out of bed and walk into the kitchen. Everyone was already up and sitting at the table.

"Good morning honey." my mom beamed.

Honey?

I rubbed my eyes and looked at them. They all had bright smiled of there faces and shining eyes.

Why do they all look so.....happy?

"Uh hey mom. Whats up?" I asked hesitantly. I sat down next to Francy and poured a glass of orange juice.

"Not much." she answered simply. By the tone of her voice I knew the reality was the exact opposite.

Something's up.

We sat in silence for a few minutes until mom finally broke it.

"So. How was your date last night?" she asked. I choked on my juice.

Date?

"What?" I almost yelled. My mother scolded me at first but soon smiled.

"A very handsome boy last night dropped you off and apologized for his brother spiking your drink. I assumed you guys were on a date." she explained.

Riley did that?

Or was it Riley? That thought scared me even more.

"Oh um yeah. We were just hanging out and stuff." I lied. My mom accepted it and went back to eating.

* * *

When Monday arrived I was determined to talk to Riley. It had bugged me all day yesterday whether it was him or not who dropped me off.

I hoped it was him.

It wasn't until fifth period did I find him alone in the halls. I didn't want to talk to him with other people around.

Wouldn't want to ruin his reputation right?

"Hey Riley." I said as I approached him. He didn't even look up.

Weird.

"Riley?" I asked again when I was standing next to him. He didn't answer.

Was he ignoring me?

* Riley Bennett *

She looked so pretty today. Her hair was in a side braid and she was wearing a dark blue dress with a black belt around her waist.

Did she always used to look this pretty?

"I was wondering if you dropped me off at home yesterday? Because my mom said some handsome guy dropped me off and you picked me up so I was wondering." she rambled.

She's so cute when she rambles.

No Riley! remember what mom said. By being with her your hurting her.

"Yeah it was me." I stated flatly not turning to her. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a taken aback look flash across her face and a slightly hurt one.

"Oh well...thanks I guess." she mumbled before hurrying away. I watched her go. I had heard the hurt in her voice. It killed me.

When she was completely gone I slammed my fist against my locker, suddenly feeling angry.

Why did I have to care so much?

* Violet Blake *

I couldn't help but feel slightly hurt by his words. I had thought for a second he might be different. That he might actually want to be my friend.

I guess I was wrong.