"I see."

The silence was awkward; they didn't know what conversation to hold. So they just walked side by side at the same rhythm.

Xenia didn't dare turn her head. Something told her Gregory's gaze was upon her.

"You are less talkative today."

"I know how to be silent," Xenia replied.

"It's a pity; I would chat with you now."

"Ha, you've got a nerve," Xenia replied without holding back her frustration.

Gregory grinned; she took the bait every time. A little comment and off she went; just that made Gregory's day.

"Can Gregory come home and eat with us?"

"Sia, Gregory can't. You are going to see your dad."

"Oh," Sia sighed disappointedly.

"Maybe next time if your mom is okay with it?"

It was foul play. If Xenia said no, she would be the meanie in her daughter's eyes.

"Okay, I'll see with Gregory when he can eat with us."

The little girl displayed a grin of satisfaction. They arrived at their residence, and they parted in front of the lift.

"Goodbye, Gregory," Sia said.

"Bye."

It was another encounter, and Xenia thought it wasn't so bad as she closed her door.

Mark was on time. Gregory watched the scene from the window. The little girl gave her mom a tight hug and timidly walked up to the man who took her hand. Sia turned and waved goodbye as she walked away.

Once Xenia was in her apartment, sad ballads roared. Her heart broke every time she let Sia meet Mark.

Gregory couldn't concentrate and decided to send Xenia a message.

Dear Xenia, the music is too loud.

Erase.

Too Odd

Xenia, could you put the volume down

Erase.

Too directive.

Xenia, is it possible for you to put the volume down, please?

Erase.

Gregory got up he went and rang her door.

two minutes later, Xenia opened the door, "Yes."

"Eh, the music, the volume isㅡ."

"Oh, sorry, I easily forget someone's lives across."

Oasis ran out, sneaking into Gregory's apartment.

"Oasis," Xenia dodged Gregory and followed her cat into his apartment.

"Xenia," Gregory yelled as he hurried her.

Gregory found Xenia on her hands and knees, looking for the cat in his living room.

"Oasis, Oasis, where are you? You naughty girl."

Gregory watched, leaning on the living room's door frame, arms cross and smiling eyes at the sight of the woman who crawled on his floor. "Xenia, Xenia, I'll find her for you."

Xenia stood up," I'm sorry, Gregory, I don't know what has gotten into her lately."

Horny little rascal thought Xenia.

"Oh, my gosh, I came into your apartment without being invited."

"Let's call it a draw," Gregory walked into the living room to sit down. "I came uninvited in yours when you were sick, have a seat."

Xenia sat down on the sofa closest to her, "fair enough."

Her eyes roamed around the apartment, which was almost identical to hers.

"So, are you are to listen to music all afternoon."

"I might, but I'll put the volume down."

I Got You; Babe pumped from her apartment.

"Sonny and Cher?"

"No, I like the ub40 version of I got you, babe," replied Xenia.

"And Dolly Parton?" Gregory said, lending an ear to the music which came across.

"It's the original version of I will always love you."

"You have eclectic taste."

"It's Spotify; I just put the music I like, "Xenia replied.

"I see."

"Who else do you listen to?" Xenia asked.

"Adele, Queen, Beastie Boys, Coldplay."

Xenia couldn't imagine Gregory bopping his head to Beastie Boys. Gregory was not even supposed to like music.

"What are you in shock, the robot likes music?"

"How do you know I called you a robot?"

"You said I was human after all the last time, by deduction I'm either an alien, a robot, or an animal in your mind. And you've just confirmed I'm a robot."

"I'm sorry, Gregory," embarrassed Xenia covered her face with her hands.

"I just figured you listen to Mozart or Shubert."

Gregory laughed and advanced to the edge of his seat, closer to Xenia's position.

"It's as if I said you listen to Rihanna and Drake Work all day."

"I listen to that; it's somewhere on my playlist."

Gregory laughed, "you know what I mean; it's cliché."

"I like Depeche Mode," Xenia said.

"So do I."

A silence filled the room; they had something in common, and a comet was going to crash on earth, thought Xenia.

"Gosh, I'm' holding you up. You have to work, you said."

"Oh yeah," Gregory replied, confused by the abrupt stop to their conversation.

"I'll leave you to it," said Xenia, speeding to the door.

"Eh, I bring back your cat when I find her."

"Thanks, see you," Xenia said at the door.

"Yes, see you."

That was awkward, thought Xenia behind her door, and that crazy arse cat, wait till I catch you, Oasis.