Chapter 1: New home

6 in the morning. My alarm went off. I just came back to Kuching from London a couple of days ago. It seems so awkward for me to be here. Probably it's because I was breathing the London air for 10 years. My alarm is still ringing and here I am, staring deeply into an empty ceiling. I'm Emmanuel, your average student. 

             Dad sent me to school. SMK. St Thomas. I remembered going to the kindergarten when I was a kid. Now I'm here because I got caught in riot and dad ordered me to come home. I immediately reported to the school's office and the principal was a joyful person. Or maybe he's just being polite or something. He gave me a few textbooks from the store (since Malaysia incorporate a rule that every Malaysian student is given free textbooks and to be given at the end of the year) and I went straight to my class. 4 Science 1. Class started half and hour ago. It was Physics. My homeroom teacher is a Physics teacher. Phew, thank God. I introduced myself in front of the class and is seated in front of the teacher. Shit. This is even more awkward since my Bahasa Malaysia kind of sucked.

             A day went by without anyone asking me where I was from or whatsoever. Not that I want to talk to anyone. Zzzz okay I might be a bit anti-social. Now I'm home chilling, listening to some A Day To Remember's, and doing shitload of homeworks. Ahh life. 

             Logged into Facebook and looking a bunch of friends in London enjoying themselves and not even one bother to ask where I was or what I'm doing now. How fun. Dad made dinner. Just simple ones of course. Chicken soup, a couple of vegetables, and the staple food of Malaysians, rice. Dad and I talked about our day and after dinner, I cleaned up everything while he was watching Air Crash Investigations. That man must be so lonely after the divorce and me staying back in London with Uncle Ben. All I can do now is be sorry.