Chapter 8

I got a comment on chapter 7 that inspired me to write this very romantic chapter

It was only seven in the morning on a Saturday, and Betty had been up for two hours baking and party planning . It was Jughead's seventeenth birthday and everything had to be perfect. When they were talking the other day, he'd mentioned that he'd never had a real birthday party, and Betty take that. He needed a party and she was going to give it to him. Whether he liked it or not.

Jughead wasn't one to make a big deal out of things, especially when it drew attention to him, but he deserved this. He'd been through so much lately, and needed to see how much his friends loved him, and how much he meant to her. Last night after they'd gone to Pop's with Archie and Veronica, she'd told Jughead she was too tired to watch a movie at the Andrews, and left Jughead to be the third wheel to Archie and Veronica. She didn't go home and sleep. Instead, she had stayed up for hours planning Jughead's party.

There was a knock on the front door, and for a moment, it sent her into a panic. Jughead had no idea about the party, and she wanted to keep it as a surprise. She threw a dish cloth over the uniced cake and tossed the bags of chips into the pantry and went to the front door.

"Hey B!" It was Veronica, dressed ready for a celebration, as always. She handed Betty a cup of coffee and shut the door

"I'm baking," Betty said as she took a sip from the cup "Thanks for coming." She'd made the decision last night that Jughead's birthday was the night she'd lose her virginity to him. Every time they were together, she had a harder and harder time not having sex with him. And she didn't know why she was waiting anymore. She loved him and trusted him, and she wanted him.

"How's the party planning coming?" Veronica asked. She sat at the kitchen island and looked at Betty.

Betty removed the towel from on top of the cake and went to work spreading the frosting around the cake. "I'm making it into a hamburger," she said. "Too much?"

Veronica sat up excitedly and clasped her hands together. "No Betty, it's adorable" Veronica looked around the kitchen and looked through the window that looked directly into the Andrews's kitchen. "Oop, looks like the birthday boy is also up" 

Veronica walked towards the window and pulled Betty from her cake so that she was looking at Jughead too. Veronica waved at him and pointed to Betty. He gave Betty a questioning look and she smiled and shrugged her shoulders. Once Veronica saw that their interaction was done she shut the curtains.

"Why the hell does he have the hat on, I mean he must've just got up and there it is, on his head!" Veronica tapped her nails on the table in thought"Have you ever seen him without it? Is it nice? What about during the sex, does he keep it on?"

"He has a great head of dark, wavy hair" she paused and giggled lightly "It's really sexy, but I don't know about the sex. Yet."

Veronica's mouth flew open in surprise. "Really? I just got the vibe. You two seems so connected and in love. So intimate."

Betty sat down across from her. "We've done everything and it has been so, so amazing but no real intercourse" Betty looked at Veronica"I think tonight's the night though" 

"I'm blushing!" Veronica said, fanning herself with a napkin. Betty has been having some great sex delivered from Riverdale's  own bad boy. And Archie says he's happy for you two also. That makes me happy."