Chapter 7

Betty peaked out her curtains to the Andrews's house. All the lights were still off. No one was home. She'd seen Archie and his dad leave a while ago in Fred's truck. Jughead had told her a little bit about the fight he and Archie had gotten into the other day. She knew Archie was jealous of them, but she had no idea why. Archie said himself he didn't see her that way. Archie had had a lifetime, and he missed his chance with her.

Jughead had told her he was job hunting this afternoon and would be busy, but it was after nightfall now, and she hadn't heard from him.

She told herself to calm down. Jughead was fine, and he was busy with looking for a job. She sat at her vanity, and when she did, she saw the prescription bottle of Adderall, that her mother had refilled despite Betty telling her not to. It wasn't the only medication her mother had pushed on her. Speaking of drugs, Alice Cooper was in a close-to-catatonic state herself. During the day, she popped Adderall like breath mints, and at night, to calm her brain enough to sleep, Alice relied on Ambien. It was still early evening, but Alice was asleep, dead to the world.

The light in Archie's bedroom turned on. Betty rushed to her phone Are you home? Betty texted a second later.

Just got in.

She slipped on her shoes and a robe and ran for her bedroom door. She rushed down the stairs, stopping only to grab her keys and lock the front door. The Andrews never locked their door, so she didn't bother knocking.

She found Jughead sitting on Archie's bed. He was mid-bite when he saw her at the doorway. He dropped his hamburger. "Damn, Betty."

She caught the image of her reflection in the window. Her hair was lose and draped around her bare shoulders. Her tank top clung to her skin, accentuating the fact that she wasn't wearing a bra. She looked older, sexier than demur the Betty Cooper she was supposed to be. She felt sexy and that was because of the way Jughead was studying her, like something he wanted to devour.

He set his uneaten meal on the nightstand and held his hand out to her. "Come here," he said and she crossed the small space of the room.

She wanted to be the one person he could turn to, with everything that was going on in his life, his comfort and shelter from the storm, just as he'd been to her over the last few weeks. Life had gotten in the way lately, and she had ached for him, for his comfort, his touch, his kisses. For Jughead himself, that snarky, yet soft and steady presence.

She sat down on the bed and looked at him in the eye . "How'd things go with Archie?" she asked.

"Fine."he said, grinning.

"It was about me, wasn't it?" She and Jughead had briefly discussed what had happened between them at school, but Jughead had left out the major details, and she was certain it was to spare her feelings. Nancy drew could tell these things.

"He's jealous, and believe me," he said, shrugging. "I get it. I spent most of my life being jealous of you two."

"Why were you jealous of me and Archie?" she asked.

"Because all our lives, you've had him and he's had you."

"But you were there, too, Juggie," she said, touching his arm.

"Yeah, always in the background."

"Juggie" she whispered "Archie has a way of shadowing people" her voice leveled out "he doesn't intentionally do it...and now you have me"

"I know he doesn't" he sensed the guilt on her face and pulled her onto his lap. He cupped his face "Hey, I was and will always be lucky to be even near you. And my friendship with Archie will always be my constant"

"And now our relationship will be too," she said. "We'll build our own world, Jug. Just you and me."

"Cooper and Jones," he said, smiling up at her. He opened his mouth again, like he wanted to say something else, but stopped himself and continued with his goofy grin.

"Speaking of Archie," she said. "How long do we have until they get back?"

"Two hours at least," he replied. "They went for pizza and to see a movie. What about your mom?"

"In a pill-induced sleep."

He moved the straps of her tank tops down and moved his hands slowly down her chest "two hours alone with Betty Cooper." He kissed her and watched her shudder under his lips." What will we do?" He tried to forget about everything and enjoy this moment with Betty, but the words Archie said still poked him and were crawling back into his mind. He tried to hide the emotions he was feeling and hoped Betty wouldn't notice.

"Juggie" the words barley escaped her lips and she saw something was wrong. She broke out of her lust and shifted. "Are you okay"

His voice was low, "I don't deserve you, Betty Cooper."

That deprecating statement shook her. "Yes, you do, Jughead. You deserve me and I deserve you. You deserve all the goodness and love in this world."

His eyes misted over as he let out a little breath. "Okay," he said like he was giving into something, into her. No one had ever cared about him as much as Betty did, and everyday he felt less and less worried about the world, and more happy about all the good things about his life. And although these feelings were confusing to him, it made him feel important and loved, and he could thank Betty Cooper for all of it. 

She leaned in to give him a kiss, it was supposed to be who she was supposed to be, simple and sweet but that wasn't who she was. She pressed her lips into his. Jughead grabbed her waist and pressed her against the bed. His pulled down her shorts and panties, but his hand didn't stop where it had before. His fingers carefully slipped inside of her. For a moment she was shocked by what he was doing and Jughead stopped everything and looked at her "Are you okay ?" Concern washed over his face and Betty smiled.

"Yeah really okay" she said nodding her head, and he began to move again. Her breath came out shaky, and she grabbed at his shoulders, wordlessly asking for him. Her head thrashed around on the pillow as
his mouth moved from her lips, down her body, kissing every inch of her he could reach. He stopped at her pubic bone, and just the cool exhalation of his breath against her flushed skin cause her to nearly jerk off the bed. And that was all it took.

Betty must've had some out of body experience because the next thing she knew she was wrapped in Jughead's arms. She smiled, kissed his head, and slept lightly until she heard the door open, and the andrews come in. She shook Jughead.

"Jug! They're here" he jolted up as Betty crawled out to slip on her Tank top and shorts

"How am I gonna get out Jug" she said as she slipped in her robe

"Front door" he grabbed her hand and they rushed down the stairs, Archie and Fred were in the living room watching football, deep in the game. They didn't notice as Jughead opened the door, Betty gave him a kiss and ran back to her house.

Betty walked shoeless towards her house. She glanced back at the bedroom window and smiled to herself. She loved Jughead, and she was going to tell him soon. For that moment, everything in Riverdale was right. She was happy. She was in love. Everything was going to be okay. As she crossed the driveway to her property, she realized something, and stopped in her tracks.

She'd left her panties somewhere on Archie's bedroom floor.

200 reads!!! Thank you so much for reading this chapter I hoped you enjoyed. If you live in the path of Hurricane Harvey or Irma it WILL get better I promise. Stay safe and thank you for reading!