Télékinésie: Chapter 41

A/N : Please do not forget to read, vote and comment on my latest book 'poor little seductress' 

Vincent was not a morning person. He had spent years reminiscing over the short time he had spent with Beyoncé and one thing he always remembered was that she had been so hyper in the morning, she would run into his room and jump all over him as if the day was a gift she hadn't been expecting and he, in a poor mood, would lowly smile at her and pull himself form the bed in attempt to start on those morning activities. He had missed his daughter but he was scared of her now, he was scared of what she would say, how she would react and if she would ever trust him again. He stood at the door ringing the doorbell again and again. No one had answered yet and he was begining to wonder if he had perhaps got the wrong home. Wearily he looked down at the tattered piece of paper on his palm and checked the house number, he had worked incredibly hard to find her and couldn't believe that this wasn't the home. He knocked the door once more before he heard a young voice behind him, 

"Who are you?" The young male spoke, Vincent turned around and looked at the boy then turned the tattered paper and read the name on it then looked back at the boy. 

"Ummmm" Vincent began, shaking ever so slightly, "Sir?" He asked. Robin,  maintained a straight face and stared at the stranger on his best friend's door step. 

"Will you move from outside my house." Robin demanded, Vincent looked down at his paper and began shaking his head fast but Robin wouldn't budge. Blue had told him that they had no family besides who they knew, and after what happened with Sir and Rumi there was no point in taking a risk with this man. He looked old and was wearing even older clothing, he didn't look clean, he didn't look approachable and he was not someone Robin wanted anywhere near Blue and her family. 

"N-no!" Vincent suddenly yelled and thrusted the piece of paper forward, "I'm looking for..." He trailed off, unable to remember her fake name, "I don't know!" He screamed, "She's my daughter, she's married to a man-" He couldn't remember Shawn's fake name either, "-A sciencey man! They have three kids, I-I- need to find her, I need to apologise..." Vincent sat down on the doorstep and Robin looked down at him in complete confusion. He was not one to get involved in other people's drama but he had already said this was his house so he just stood there. 

"You wanna talk?" Robin asked awkwardly, he had hoped that perhaps by keeping this man company he could keep an eye on him and maybe be helpful in some sort of way but he had no idea of what he was doing. In all honestly he felt out of place and silly, a bit like he had stuck his nose in business that didn't concern him but there he stood looking down at the old man. 

"You wouldn't understand." Vincent began, 

"Oh yeah?" Robin took a seat beside Vincent and looked up at him as if nothing could surprise him. 

"Some people tried to kill me, I faked my death and ran away. My daughter also ran away from those people, came here, got married and had a life and all I want is to see her one more time. To be a part of a family, my own family hates me because of what I did to her, but I can't find her anywhere! I've been searching for years and this is the only place that makes any sense. The age fits, the family name, the children look just like her! But apparently this is your house so I must have got it wrong. Do you know the people who used to live here?" Vincent, desperate for answers looked down at Robin who looked back at the man with a blank expression. What was he supposed to say? This man could have been mad, it all could have been a story in his head, everything could be fake but then it could be real and what if Blue's mom really was this man's daughter? 

"What do you mean 'one more time' ?" Robin asked, Vincent looked at the ground and sighed. 

"I've been tracking this young man, named Olly, I fed him information about-" Vincent stopped and began kicking his foot, "That's not important. I was trying to do something good, okay?  That's all I'm trying to do, I wanna help. I just want to actually do something right in my life before it's over because I've not got long to live. A few days left really." Robin suddenly felt ill to the stomach, like he had tried to deceive this man and stop him from achieving one of his final wishes so he looked at him with sad eyes and glared at him, 

"I don't live here, I just thought you looked like a creep and I wanted to keep you away from my friend's house-" Robin didn't want to say more, something just didn't seem right about giving the name of the family that lives in a house away to a stranger so he didn't. "Look, I don't think you're a bad person but I can't just give you their names, you're a stranger and I don't trust you. You'll have to wait until someone comes home or something, I'm sorry man." Robin stood up and Vincent, used to the disappointment, watched the young man walk down the road with his head down and his hands in his pockets. 

On the other side of the front door, Scarlet pressed her ear up against the crack while Blue, Sir and Rumi sat on the stairs deliberating the opening of the door or not. 

"Does he have any bad intentions?" Scarlet asked them, they all shook their heads before Blue spoke. 

"He really is doing to die." She admitted, "But if we let him in, we'll just be confirming that we live here and you never know who could have followed him. Besides, it's not a good idea to open the door to a stranger without mom and dad here, especially after what happened with the twins." Blue looked down at her brother and sister before looking back at Scarlet. "I'll sneak out the back and walk around the block, when I come back I'll pretend I just got home and I'll talk to him. I'll tell him that the people he's looking for moved out last year and went to another state, I'll make something up." Scarlet immediately shook her head and Rumi spoke. 

"No, he knows what we look like. He's looked at our school photos on the system." She reminded her older sister, "Let Scarlet do it, it's more believable." Scarlet nodded her head in agreement but they all knew that Sir did not agree, he glared at all of them angrily and they sighed. 

"Good things don't happen to us." He began, "We stay in the shadows, we hide and pretend to be people we're not. This is reality, this is what is real. This is the man who looked after mom and he screwed her over big time, he was bad but we can all see that he just wants to make things right before he dies. He's not got long, maybe... if mom and he fix everything... we can heal him." Blue widened her eyes in shock and shook her head fast, 

"Are you crazy, Sir?" She pulled away and looked down at him. "We'll let him in but he cannot know that we have abilities too, we won't bond with him, we are not to talk to him, we'll leave that for mom. You two don't know how to control your healing so you can't heal him and I will not do it. Mom has a strict policy against cheating death, we don't do it, everyone has their time to die." Blue stood up and looked over at Scarlet who was looking through the peep hole of the door.  "Mom isn't going to be home until tomorrow." 

"We'll tell him that she's away and won't be back until tomorrow, we'll direct him to a motel and tell him to come back when she's here." Scarlet looked at the three kids who nodded their heads and then watched attentively as she opened the door and the man sprung from his seat on the floor. When his eyes met Scarlet's he was sad, he had hoped it would be his daughter but instead it was a woman who looked to be around his age, if not older. 

"I must have the wrong house." He mumbled, 

"Who are you looking for?" Scarlet asked him in attempt to make it as normal as possible. 

"Beyoncé." Vincent had given up on trying to remember that fake name. He turned around and was about to walk off when Scarlet called out to him, 

"She doesn't use that name, it's too risky." He paused and smiled brightly before spinning around and looking at Scarlet with wide eyes. "She's away for the weekend. I'm just house-sitting. Her family have gone on a trip, they'll be back tomorrow. I can't let you in but there's a motel not too far." Vincent nodded his head and backed away from the house slowly. 

"Yes yes!" He exclaimed loudly, "Ummm here's my number, can someone please call as soon as they get back? Tell her that I'm alone and I'm sorry." He grinned once more before ripping off a piece of his tattered paper and scribbling his number across it. "Oh and tell her that I've spoken to Olly- sorry I can't expect you to remember all of this. Three words: Alone, Sorry, Olly." He smiled once again before rushing away in excitement. Scarlet watched him walk away and her smile faded when she heard him say Oliver's name, they hadn't even thought of Olly in years. 

-Thank you for reading! Yes it has been a while I'm sorry but I hope you enjoyed getting back into the story like this. I have decided to stop doing end of chapter questions so please do comment and really just say anything you're feeling. THANK YOU FOR READING.