CH.18: Where love and respect fuse with true belonging (Part 2)

Dear All,

as I promised yesterday, here is Part 2 of CH.18 and well, as you can see it's long. I'm lucky you seem to enjoy long chapters :-)

As for your questions, of course here we have OLEG POV, as in a way Part 1 focused on Anatoly and Part 2 focuses on Oleg. HOWEVER, at first you will read another POV that couldn't be avoided. It's important to have it and it unravels some key points and issues. I know some of you sometimes don't understand or like that I write under different POVs, but it's important and necessary in some cases to give more insight into the story or characters, to show characters from a different angle. The first person POV sometimes can be restrictive.

Anyway, let me tell you that we are about to read a very intense chapter and I hope you will enjoy it, so I'll be looking forward to reading your comments and messages! OK, now let me THANK YOU for the votes and comments you showered CH18 Part 1 with: WOW!!! You guys know how to blow my  Cat's and my mind away! Thank you!!! Viola Fairy Dust to All of You :-)

I want to dedicate this chapter to everyone waiting for this particular part and in specific to WBTA2013 because I know how much you appreciate Adrian's character :-)

I posted a picture of Natalia (Natasha) Denisov, as I thought that beautiful and smiling Vera Brezhneva (a great Ukrainian-Russian pop-singer that I really like) would fit her rather good. She's a key character in this part of CH.18. It was hard to find a song for this part...but I think this one fits it in some peculiar and wide way.

Now I hope you will enjoy it and soon I will reply to your amazing and lovely messages and comments :-)

For now, enjoy it!

"Because even the smallest of words can be the ones to hurt you, or save you," by Natsuki Takaya in Fruits Basket

ADRIAN POV:

The moment my eyes stopped on those revolting words, I had to tell myself to stay calm and simply guard my beloved Vivi. In a quick, painful moment, everything that happened years ago surfaced in my mind: her sadness, her wanting to hide from us because she felt ashamed that those little vermin bullied her in school for her sweet enthusiasm and her deep worry for me when I had almost sent one of those kids to the hospital. I still remember that he used to sit a row down from mine and that he considered himself like the leader of that stupid and spoilt group of kids. They had mocked my dear Vivi right in front of me in the school corridor and they had tried to humiliate her in front of the entire school by wanting to cut her long hair. In that moment, something snapped inside of me and the only thing I remember was a teacher pulling me away from that other student.

Even if I was a small, wild kid, I had deeply apologised to my sister and my parents, but for some mysterious reason, they hadn't punished me and Vivi was more concerned about me than anything else. I had feared that perhaps that sudden reaction might have frightened her, letting what was bury deep inside of me come out like that. But she was not scared of me. She was worried that the other students might start to target me and that the teachers might want to leave me at home. She has always been such a sweet and caring person that I grew much attached to her.

Vivi was the one that slowly and persistently melted my wariness and diffidence, as at first I didn't trust my adoptive parents and didn't want to eat in front of them. I was overly cautious and I didn't want them to come close to me, but Vivi...she completely broke my cold and diffident armour. She did it by sharing her plate with me, taking it to my room and wanting to eat together with me, by always gifting me with a warm and sweet smile, and by creating stories for me only that she animated with puppets she had created with her own hands. During my first year of adoption, I could not sleep. It was hard to sleep and many memories flashed back; yet, I said nothing, not trusting the new people around me. But Viola, my dear, beloved sister, probably thought I was scared of the darkness and so made up bed-time stories for me. Evening after evening, story after story, I felt that wariness ease down and I soon could smile at her naturally, and after a little while, I was at ease calling my adoptive parents mother and father.