Chapter 2: The Night of Our Lives

Hello lovelies! We decided to update this. Don't forget to comment!

Also read our new stories! Let Me Love You by Kacie and Free Your Voice by Morgan. They're both on this same account!

Nia's Point of View:

I was seriously dreading today. It was our first day back to school since break. I was excited to see my friends, but I was still tired from being in California. When I woke up, I had the sweetest text from Niall that lit up my screen. He said, "I know you're probably asleep, but I just wanted you to know that I am really glad that I saw you. We barely know each other, but I feel like I've known you for years. You're such a beautiful girl and I feel like the luckiest guy in the world to be texting you right now. XXX -Niall." I went to school extremely happy. At school, I showed Charlotte what Niall said and she showed me what Harry said. These guys were amazingly sweet. Charlotte told me that when she went to tell Alex about our awesome spring break, he acted like a jerk and didn't want to hear what she had to say. I could hear a little bit of hurt in her voice but it was gone as soon as she got a text from Harry. Even though we're not supposed to text during class, Charlotte and I did anyways so we could talk to the guys. We were such daredevils. We didn't have any classes together before lunch, so when the time came around, we had a lot to talk to each other about Niall and Harry. When we saw Alex, we thought he would come sit by us like he normally would, but he didn't even look at us. I was shocked. I wasn't as close to his as Charlotte was, but I was hurt by that a little bit. It made me think that Alex really needed a girlfriend.

Charlotte's Point of View:

I need to talk to Alex. I don't understand why he's not talking to me. Around six that night, I decided that I was going to confront him at his house. I knocked on the door and his little sister answered. She was the sweetest little thing. She jumped up and gave me a big hug. I hugged her back before asking where Alex was. She said he was in his room and I barged in his room.

He jumped off his bed, startled, " What are you doing? Don't you know how to knock?"

"Don't you know how to talk to people and not be rude?" It sounded harsh, but I was mad.

"Look, I'm sorry. I'm glad you're back, but I don't want to hear about your amazing spring break and how you met another guy!"

That was unexpected. It didn't make any sense. He always wanted to hear about my guy problems before. "What?" was the only thing I could say.

"Char, I have been in love with you for two years. It has killed me to sit back and listen to you talk about other guys that would end up breaking your heart. Before, I knew that these guys were just guys. They stayed around for about a month, and then they left. You always sounded happy about them, but when you started talking about Harry, I knew this was different. You weren't even looking at me when you were telling me everything. When you told me about the guys in the past you would look me straight in the eyes, but when you talked about Harry, I could see you imagining his face in your head. It felt like you weren't even here, it was like you were in California, with Harry."

"Alex, why didn't you tell me before?"

"I was afraid of what you would say. Charlotte you're my best friend, but I want to be more than that."

"I can't, Alex, I can't." I could feel a tear start to roll down my face and Alex wiped it away. He didn't take his hand away and looked me in the eyes.

"Charlotte Higgins, I'm in love with you."

"Alex, I'm so sorry." Now he was crying.

"I figured that's what you would say."