『Chapter 12』

This story is coming to an end D: sorry about ending it to suddenly and stuff... I just don't know where to go with it anymore. But I do have 2 other stories Im working on if you want to check them out! again, sorry!

-

I just hung there. I just hopelessly hung there from the tall trees, watching. Watching my comrades as they got exterminated. The all too familiar metallic smell of blood all around me as I dangle helplessly. The expedition has failed. There is little hope left.

A hot tear slowly makes it's way down my cheek.

"We've failed..." I whimper, barely audible. Not like anyone was around to hear me anyway.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

My head doesn't even bother to turn as I hear the familiar footsteps come to me from behind. I freeze as I feel a slight tug on my cape. Before I can properly process everything that is going on, I am met with a warm, slimy liquid. I suddenly scream with out realizing it as I slip around the titan's mouth.

I squeeze my eyes shut. I remember this feeling. The feeling of pure fear and regret. Regret that I haven't done as much with my life that I could have. Regret Regret Regret Regret Regret Regret Regret Regret. Tears steaming down my face with out warning. This is it. Last time I got lucky. This time it's real. My life isn't some fucking fairy tail story where the prince just swoops in and-

-

"Please, live..."

-

I suddenly feel a tight grip around my wrist.

My eyes shoot open quickly only to see the one and only Levi, saving me...once again. Why did he look so sad? I don't know of I've ever seen him like this before. I don't like it. I don't want to see him like this.

Everything feels as if its in slow motion as I look back up at Levi. His mouth is moving but I can't heart anything. Only the slight sound of my heart. My eyes are as wide as can be as I try to listen to what he has to say. Why can't I hear him? Everything is so slow and quite. I look around at my surroundings once more. If it weren't for this death grip levi had on my wrist, I would have slid down this titans throat. I once again look up at Levi. I study his face once more. A faint smile can be seen on my lips as memories of us together fill my mind. I loved Levi. I still do. I will even after I die. We have never properly told each other we love each other though. Another tear streams down my smiling face as my half-open eyes meet with his.

"I love you."

I felt my wrist slowly slip from his grasp. I kept staring into his crying eyes. I kept the smile on my face, to assure him everything is going to be fine. I look down at my hand in his grasp. My hand is slowly...slipping. I meet my eyes with his again before yelling.

"I love you so much!"

-

My eyes shoot open only to be met with a white ceiling. I quickly look around the room. I sit up at rocket speed back am soon taken aback by a sharp pain in my leg. I quickly whip the blankets off the inspect where the pain came from.

I look down to see my right leg, blue and bruised, in a stilt. When did this happen?

Suddenly I freeze. My breathing becomes rapid as I remember that past events.

"LEVI!" I scream in bloody murder as I look around the room. I am unable to get up at the moment and it's driving me crazy. Hot tears don't just fall, they pour out of my eyes as I plead for Levi.

The door to the room suddenly slams open to reveal a worried hanji. Our eyes meet and I almost scream of relieve. She quickly comes to my side and pulls me into a giant hug. I hug back with out hesitation and sob onto her shoulder.

"Where is Levi?!" I practically yell.

She looks at me with the most worried expression I've ever seen on her face. A tear slides down her cheek as she tries to form words.

I stare back at her with pure disbelief. Pure and utter disbelief. The tears that were just pouring have stopped and I have forgotten how to speak. This is real. This isn't real. Levi is going to walk in that door any minuet and make sure I'm ok.

Why hasn't he come yet? Why hasn't he come bursting through that door asking if I'm alright? None of this fits. it doesn't make sense.

"Where's levi?" I whisper.

Hanji is now sobbing into my shoulder as she stutters words that now sound so foreign to me.

"He saved you."

No...that's not right. I should have been the one. This must be a dream, or fake, or some sort of sick twisted joke.

I suddenly felt very tiered. I just...wanted to sleep. I just needed to rest. I'll wake up and it'll be ok. This isn't real. It's fake. It's ok.

\\

It's cold. Really cold. I look around to see nothing but complete darkness. What is this place? Why am I here?

"________."

I hear a familiar voice say my name from all around me. I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from. I quickly look all around me to only be met with darkness and more darkness. Who was that? Why did it sound so familiar?

A warm yellow light suddenly light up everything. I am in a meadow. My eyes widen at the beautiful scene before me. It's just like the meadow my real mother and I used to pick flowers in. My smile at the thought of my mom and brush my hand through the tall grass.

"____."

I turn around quickly to see him. It's really him. Levi.

I stand dumbfounded. He has a beautiful glow illuminating from him and he has the sweetest smile. I also notice two vibrant wings coming from his back. One is a calming, dark blue while the other is as white as snow. A hot tear streams down my cheeks as I sprint towards him. More and more tears fall as I get closer. These tears are different though. They are tears of happiness. They feel nice. I'm so used to tears of sorrow that I have never had the chance to feel tears of joy.

Right when I reach him I don't take a second to spare. I wrap my arms around his neck tightly. I don't plan to let go anytime soon. I feel his arms wrap around my waist and pulls me closer. I want to stay like this forever. I'm ne'er letting go of him. I knew I hadn't lost him. He's right here! I'm holding him.

He slowly pulls his head back and lifts my face to look him in the eyes. Small tears can be seen slipping from his eyes as he stares back at me. He uses his thumb to wipe a few of my tears away as we just stare at each other, enjoying each others presence.

"I thought I lost you." I whisper as another tear makes its way down my face.

Levi chuckles lightly.

"You thought you could lose me that easily?"

I mange to giggle through tears as I stare back at him.

The warm smile on his face seems to comfort me. "Listen ____. " he whispers. "I'll always be with you. I'll always be watching over you no matter what. And when I say 'no matter what' I mean it." He rests his forehead against mine and I smile and let my eyes flutter shut. "As long as you keep living, I'll always be there. Even when you pass on, I'll meet you. I'll always be waiting." He opens his eyes and lifts his forehead from mine. I look at him curiously.

"I love you too." He whispers.

My eyes widen. I don't even know what to say at this point. I slowly bring my hand up to his face and cup his cheek lightly. He smiles and leans closer to me, planting a warm kiss on my lips. I close my eyes, taking in the warmth. He slowly pulls back and smiles at me once again before whispering.

"Please, live."