"Hello, mom."

"Xenia, what are you doing? I've been calling for an hour," Ann-Catherin said with her sweet accent from the tropics.

"I slept late; it was Aurelie's wedding yesterday," Xenia sat up.

"I see, anyway, I'm dropping off Sia."

"Tell me when you get here."

"I'm entering your building; I want to drop her off and have coffee with you before going to church."

Xenia's mind crossed checked the information she received.

"What did you just say?"

"I'm hanging up; I'm getting in the lift."

One beep later, and she was gone.

"Oh my God, oh my God, you have you get out, Gregory."

"What?"

"My mother is in the lift; I have to get you out."

"Leave me in the bedroom."

"No, you don't know my mom, Columbo, Hercule Poirot, Sherlock Holmes, they were all inspired by her. She will sniff you out; you have to get out."

Xenia got out of her bed, picked up Gregory's clothes, and shoved them in his hands.

"Let me get dressed."

Gregory was almost amused to see Xenia panic as a teen caught redhanded.

"No one except us lives on this floor; you can cross in your undies."

"No way, Xenia."

XYXX

Xenia wasn't listening; she shoved Gregory into the living room when she heard the click of the unlocking door. Yes, her mom had the codes since she had no secrets up till now.

"Good lord," said her mother seeing Xenia in her robe and Gregory topless with only his trousers on. Ann-Catherine covered her grandaughter's eyes as if the scene was +18.

"Xenia."

"Mom, ehㅡ."

"Who's?"

Ann-Catherine didn't even get to finish as Xenia was pushing the man down her corridor.

"Gregory is leaving. Bye, Gregory," Xenia said between gritted teeth as she faced him.

"Hello Gregory," Sia said, not under her grandmother's hands, which covered half her face.

"Hello, Sia, and Goodbye, Madame," Gregory said as he slipped on his shirt and walked to the entrance, followed by Xenia.

"I'm sorry about this," Xenia whispered as he opened the door.

Gregory smiled, "It's okay; hope you don't get grounded."

In other circumstances, Xenia would have joked along, but now wasn't the time. As she was about to close the door, Gregory whispered, "wait."

"What?" Xenia said, almost exasperated, till Gregory gave her a small kiss on her forehead and another on her lips, making the butterflies in Xenia's stomach flap their wings in unison. The dream faded away with the shut door; it was time to face reality.

Ann-Catherin's eyes widened, "so this is why you leave your daughter to me so that you can invite men over."

"Mom, please, it's not what you think."

"Then what is it? I'm not senile yet. The guy didn't come here to play patty cake," Ann-Catherine said with eyes popping like golf balls.

Oh, my goodness,

Oh, my goodness,

I hope Xenia's argument with her mother didn't shock you. It really felt real for me when I wrote.

Please don't judge Xenia's mother or Xenia too harshly. For me, people say things; sometimes, they don't mean what they say, but it hurts to hear. Moms are awesome guys, cherish them. I would give anything even to have a trashy argument like this one with mine.

 I would give anything even to have a trashy argument like this one with mine

Poor Gregory, the ship barely sailed, and now this!

Stay tuned

Xoxo

Thank you for reading