.18*

please don't kill me.

the doctor was about to leave when they came rushing into the emergency room

'doctor!'

the dark haired boy was the one screaming. he was running in front of the gunnery, his pale skin almost translucent under the harsh glare of the fluorescent bulbs. catching sight of him, the boy ran faster, abandoning the curly haired brunette and the nurse accompanying him.

a nurse quickly came up to him. 'suicide attempt, doc. i am afraid it's critical.' 

the doctor sighed. he could have walked away, but the next person to fill his shift was always late. 'what happened?' turning around, he made his way to the locker room. 'what her her vitals? you got to be quicker!'

the nurse, clearly relieved despite the reprimand, increased her pace to keep up with the doctor. 'slit her wrists, doctor. we aren't really aware when. probably a couple hours. i'll get back to you on that.'

he nodded, and left the nurse to go to the men's locker room to get changed into the scrubs. quickly washing his hands, he tucked his hair under a cap and tied a mask around his neck, without fastening it. slipping of his shoes, he slid his feet into slippers and made his way to the patient. he could vaguely remember the nurse telling him her name was rae.

'doctor!' stopping, he turned around to face the boy from earlier. his face was twisted with worry, hair plastered to his forehead with sweat. the girl was beside him, sadness discoloring her face.

'yes?'

'the nurse told me to tell you what happened.'

the doctor nodded. he preferred to know what happened before he checked on the patient, and it was always better to talk face to face. 'well, you better tell me soon, and give as many details as possible, please.' 

'i was climbing the side of her house, at around four am, so I could get to her sister's room,' he nodded at the girl beside him, who blushed despite the situation. 'but I opened the wrong window. that was when I saw her and the blood. i quickly called her sister, and we immediately brought her here.'

his expression shifted. 'please tell me you'll save her.'

the desperation in his eyes made the doctor want to look away. 'you know I can't guarantee anything. but I can promise you this, i'll try my best.'

pulling away, the doctor half-walked, half-ran into the theater. something did not settle with him. the boy, that is. he was having way too much concern about his girlfriend's sister.