+ chapter 4 +

So my professor was an insanely hot, kinky sex god. So what? No big deal. I could handle this. It would be like it never even happened.

Ha! Yeah right. Your panties are already wet.

Somehow I managed to get through the rest of the day without looking like a complete ditz in my classes. My other professors were perfectly normal, average, not-at-all-distracting people. At some point Sarah texted me wanting all the "juicy details" from the previous night. I didn't know where to begin. I wasn't even sure I wanted to tell her.

What part could I tell her exactly? The part where I'd let some random guy from the bar tie me up and finger me? The part where I'd turned into an absolute quivering, orgasming mess at his hands? Or the part where it turns out that random guy from the bar was my professor?

I decided to play it cool.

Haha, not really much to tell. He got me an Uber home and that's it.

I really was stupid to think that would get her off my back.

Oh come oooooonnnn, Lizzy! You can NOT tell me nothing happened??

I already knew she wasn't going to let up. I sighed, and shoved my phone back into my purse. As I did, my hand came in contact with Kahlan's note. Seeing his neat handwriting made my heart pound. What kind of guy could be so absolutely dominating and down for sex with a stranger, and then nice enough to not only put my drunk ass to bed, but get me water for the morning? I suddenly remembered his words, "Next time I'll do something about all this kicking."

My insides quivered, but disappointment was settling in too. There wasn't going to be a "next time" now. I was just going to have to stare at this guy every Monday and Wednesday for the rest of the semester until I could permanently put him out of my thoughts.

Not only that, but I had to sit in that classroom with the knowledge that Jay and his new girlfriend were sitting behind me, looking down at me. Of course, Jay's first time seeing me after our breakup and I looked like my life was falling apart: no makeup, hair tangled, sick as a dog with this hangover. I was determined that next time I would show him exactly what he was missing out on. He thought I was weak? Oh, I'd make him weak.

The next morning Sarah and I headed out with coffees in hand to the mall. I had managed to keep quiet about what had happened with Kahlan, but I had told her about Jay and Heather being in my class. She had responded exactly as I hoped, in true Sarah-fashion.

"What. A. Dick!" she had shrieked. "Oh my god. He is the biggest asshole."

"Which is why I need to get something new," I said. "You know, show him what he's missing."

"Ooo, new Liz the heartbreaker," Sarah said, squirming excitedly. "I like it!"

It was relieving to feel my heartbreak patching itself up with anger, even if somewhere deep inside I knew that was not going to work in the long run. For now, the whole concept of a revenge glow-up sounded really appealing. I even thought about getting a gym membership.

Thought about, and then quickly changed my mind, my excuse being that Charles was alone enough as it was. I kept catching glimpses of a Crazy Cat Lady future for myself if I didn't stop using Charles as an excuse for things.

Once in the mall, I went for all the pieces I loved that I usually would have avoided because of Jay's disapproval. The tight little black numbers that reminded me of my emo high school days, when I would listen to Bring Me the Horizon and My Chemical Romance on loop. Strappy shirts, tight skirts, dark painted-on jeans. I guess at my age I should have probably been shopping for blazers and button-ups, but there was a certain power in reclaiming a style that had always made me feel powerful, mysterious, and slightly frightening.

Our last stop was Victoria's Secret. As Sarah wandered off to the Pink section, I slyly snagged a few corsets and lingerie sets, even knowing they were too expensive. Who would I wear them for anyway? Myself? Even so, as I stood in the perfectly-lit fitting room and looked at myself in the massive mirror, I liked what I saw. My ass was more of a pancake than a birthday cake, but hey, who didn't like pancakes anyway? I actually felt . . . beautiful.

I snapped a few pictures with my phone before changing back into my regular clothes, deciding to just take the hit and pull out my credit card for once. The lingerie would just be for me and Charles to enjoy.

Kahlan's phone number was an itch I couldn't scratch. I had his note in my hand three times to throw away, only to put it back on the countertop each time. Finally, exasperated, I sat down on the couch with his note in one hand and my phone in the other.

I knew I shouldn't. It just wasn't appropriate. But what if I hadn't happened to be put in his class? I could have gotten any of the other classes if my schedule had fit, and I would have texted him already.

A sudden smell made me tingle. The couch still smelled like his cologne, a dark musky scent that made me think of old libraries and leather.

God. Dammit.

I put his number into my phone and typed up a quick message.

So I know that we're going to act like the other night didn't happen, but I felt rude not thanking you for such a fun night ;)

I attached one of the pictures I had taken in the fitting room, the one that made my ass look the least pancake-y. Before I could change my mind, I clicked send and then promptly flung the phone to the other end of the couch.

"What's wrong with me, Charles?" I said, as he looked at me with wide yellow eyes.

The phone buzzed. Oh god, oh god, oh god. With a deep breath I picked it up and swiped the unlock screen.

In light of last night never having happened, who is this and how did you get this number?

Also, pictures like that are naughty. Pictures like that get pretty little asses like yours spanked.

I practically squealed, giggling to myself. Naughty indeed. He had actually threatened to spank me. I had always secretly liked the idea, but had never felt comfortable asking Jay for something like that. It looked like I'd just have to keep being a naughty girl then.

The phone buzzed again.

Fuck.

Please forget I sent that.

We shouldn't be in contact like this.

Too late for that, Professor Kahlan Travis.

+++

a/n:  No going back now, Mr. Travis. Seems that you've gotten a rather naughty girl on your hands XD. Then again, who is going to cause more trouble for who?