Seperation 13: Reunion

I knew I was close. After walking for three hours I could see a glimpse of water. This must be it. A miniature lodge sat on the edge of a pond. I approached it hoping Adam would forgive me.
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
The door swung open but behind it was not Adam... it was Ovbere.
"Jack?"
"Ovbere?"
"Well I haven't seen you in ages. Come in..."

I took a seat by a roaring fire as Ovbere walked in with hot chocolate.
"Nasty cold in Winter," he said, "anyway what happened to you?"
I explained to him every detail since we departed.
"Well I am Adam's friend and I can safely say that he is not here. But anyway I suppose you will want to hear my story."
"Yes."
"Well after the hole accident I was left for nineteen days. I ate nothing but one fish and drank the fresh water. One day Adam was searching for fish when he found me, he saved me. After I dined on a full roast dinner I said goodbye to him and went to find you guys but the house was destroyed. I returned to Adam and yeah, that was that. We came here fishing for a dirtfish when he went back to get some more bait. I'm guessing that is when he found you."

Sipping my cocoa I sighed.
"I do miss the others."
"Same."
"Do you think there is any chance any of them survived?"
"Actually Jack I do. One of them may have gotten away. I saw a blood trail going up the nearby hill. But still the servants of the eye are powerful and could easily pick people off..."

That night I had a different dream. Demetrius, Gus and Andrew climbed there way to the top of the hill. They fought back zombies and eyes before one tripped allowing a zombie to approach. It took a chunk out of Gus before biting Demetrius on the arm. Andrew turned round to help but as he did an eye crashed into the back of his head. That was when I woke up panting.