20-Salute

[Harry's POV]

---

"Jenna, love, it's time to get up. You have to be at the airport in two hours." I whisper gently against my pillow. Jenna stretches and frowns.

"I don't wanna go." She whines like a child, but I don't blame her. She groans when she sits up and I pull the covers tighter around myself.

"Well that's just unfair." She says and smiles a small smile. I watch her creep across the room into the bathroom, where she had her clothes lain out the night before. Minutes pass until the door swings open, showing Jenna in her military pants and a tight black tank top.

"You look nice." I comment when she pulls her hair up into a messy bun on top of her head.

"Hmm." She shrugs.

"What am I gonna do while you're gone?" I ask. I push the covers away and put on a dirty T-shirt that I just found on the floor.

"We should go." She says solemnly.

"But we have more than an hour before your plane leaves." I respond.

"This is already hard, Harry. Please, just get me there early." She says. He gently wipes her eyes, trying to be unnoticeable. But I still notice, and it kills me.

I frown and grab my car keys. We walk out of Jenna's bedroom and down the stairs to the street. Without another word, we drive away from Jenna's apartment. Her giant military-print bag haunts my glances in the rear-view mirror.

She pulls her feet up on the seat and holds them close to her chest. I notice a few silent tears make their way down her puffy cheeks. I don't speak in fear of crying myself.

She sighs for a long time before saying, "I'm coming home."

The determination in her voice almost convinces me.

"Just, please, be careful." I say under my breath as we pull around into the dropping off section at the airport.

She kisses me gently prior to saying, "I will, I will."

I watch as she takes her bag out of the back and lugs it over her shoulder. She smiles and blows a kiss towards the car with a wave at the end. I smile and watch her go inside the airport. Every step she takes, the more I realize this could be the last time I see her. Well, the last time I see her pink cheeks and stunning grey eyes.

Don't think like that.

Slowly, I pull away from the curb as she disappears from my vision. I already feel like half my heart is gone.

The drive back to her apartment was almost unbearable. I kept turning to yell her something funny when I would come to the realization that she wasn't there. I would just frown and train my eyes back on the road. A few times, I swear I heard her soft voice, but it would turn out to be the low hum of the radio. I going insane, and it's only been twenty minutes.

My phone rings in my jacket pocket but I ignore it, for I am driving. The ringing ends but a loud ping tells me the caller left a voicemail message. Annoyed and slightly curious, I pull my phone out when I reach a red light. It's an unknown number. It's probably just a person calling the wrong number, no biggie.

And that's when the phone rings again from the same number.

Even more curious than before, I slide my finger across the screen and answer.

"Hello?" I start off with.

"Hello there. My name is Jay Derks. I would like to talk to you about producing a solo album."