Chapter 1

Sorry for bad writing skills

Burr entered his dorm to see his roommate sitting at his desk, typing intensely, eyes glued to his laptop screen. Burr sighed. This has been going on ever since Alexander Hamilton became his roommate. Which was a week ago. Alex is always typing something. He's always just sitting on his chair, taping all the keys on his laptop. The only time Alex would leave the dorm was when they had to go to school/class.
He also never really eats. He always asks Burr to get him a coffee and that he'd pay. Usually Burr does his request for coffee.

Burr decided to make a change and just have a simple conversation.

"Hey Alexander."

...

..No response.

"Hello?"

...

The only response Burr got was the sound of typing.

"So, how was your day?"

Alex just yawned.

"I'll take that as boring. Yeah, boring. Me too. Want to tell me the details of your day?"

...

"Yeah. Simple." Burr said under his breath.

Burr walked over to a wall and starting banging his fist on it.

Nothing. Absolutely no reaction at all.

Burr decided he had to do it the hard way. He calmly walked over to Alex and just slammed his laptop shut.

Alex's eyes widened. He rubbed his eyes.

"What the fuck?! What happened?! Burr? When did you get here!?" Alex looked up at Aaron with confusion.

Burr just rolled his eyes and took Alex's laptop.

"Hey! Give that back asshole!" Alex tried to snatch it out of Burr's hand but was too slow.

Burr raised the laptop to the level Alex couldn't reach. Alex was at the point where he was jumping up and down non stop, believing he will be able to reach it.

Burr walked over to a high shelf and placed the laptop delicately on it.
"No can reach Alex." Burr teased.

"Hmph." Alex crossed his arms and pouted.

"Come on. Take a break. You've been attached to your laptop all week."

"But-"

"No. Why don't you come with me to the coffee shop and just hang out."

"Hmm." Alex tapped his cheek.

"I'll pay for your coffee." Burr insisted.

"...Fine."

~

Alex and Burr were sitting at a table in the coffee shop. It was silently awkward. Alex was looking down at the floor constantly tapping his fingers on his cup. Burr just stared at Alex, thinking about what to say.

"So, what were you working on earlier?"
Burr asked.

"Um, some essay for history."

"Oh. Well, when is it due."

Alex drank some of his coffee. Trying to ignore the question. But Burr just continued to stare at him.