"Okay mummy!" He chirped

"Good boy." I patted his head lightly making him giggle before running off.

"Your son?"

"Dylan's."

"He has a son? What a surprise." He didn't know?

"You don't know?"

"He never contacted us since the day he left the house." Wow...that's such a long period of time.

"I see...why don't you take a seat. I'll be bringing out the dishes soon."

"Okay. Thanks." 

"Here. Hope you'll like it." Placing the plates down in front of both of them, I took my seat opposite of him as Caydon dug in hungrily. 

Carlos however, stared at it weirdly before pushing the pieces of broccoli to one side of the plate before taking a bite of the fettuccine.

"It's good." He commented while chewing on a piece of the teriyaki chicken.

"Why aren't you eating the broccoli?"

"I'm allergic to them." He lied. There's no allergies for broccoli.

"Don't be picky and eat everything up or no cake for you later. There's no allergies for broccoli so don't try to trick me."

"I'll turn into a green man...but I want cake..."

"If you want cake, eat your broccoli. You won't turn into a green man just from eating them. Are you 5?" He shook his head slowly before stabbing his fork into a broccoli.

"No, 33. Okay, I'll eat. I want cake." He's such a child.

"Good. I'll give you one later." Placing the broccoli into his mouth, he chewed on it hesitantly before swallowing with a tortured look on his face. Come on, it's just broccoli. Don't need to be so dramatic.

"I want cake too mummy." Caydon piped up after swallowing his mouthful of food.

"Sure Cade. Anything for a good boy like you." He beamed brightly before going back to eating, moaning at every bite.

"I want a big one." Carlos voiced as he ate his broccoli. Goodness...he's really like a child.

"Yes yes. I'll give you a big one so just keep quiet and eat finish all your food."

"I've decided." He announced out of the blue once he finished his food. What have he decided again? The last time he decided something, I got a heart attack from it. "I'm hiring you as my cafe manager."

"You have a cafe? I thought you said that you're-"

"Opened one recently. Need a manager. I want you to be. $5000 a month or is that too little? I can increase-" Its lower that what I earn from Dylan but much higher than normal pay. I also don't want to rely on Dylan forever so...

"I will think about it. I'm currently Caydon's caretaker."

"Here's my number. Call me once you've decided." Taking his name card from him, I kept it in my pocket quickly before I can misplace it.

"I will. Thanks for the opportunity."

"No problem."

"Can you help me put the plates into the sink? I'll cut the cake in the meanwhile."

"Okay." He agreed without complains making me nod.

Cutting the cake into squares, I place a piece on Caydon's plate and two pieces on another plate for Carlos. Keeping the remainders, I turned around to see all the forks and spoons on the table and only the plates in the sink...........

"Why are the cutlery sets on the table?" He gave me the innocent look as he played with his tie. In terms of rolling it up and letting it down repeatedly.

"You asked me to put the plates into the sink only." If he wasn't Dylan's brother, I would have grabbed his head and slammed it against the table hard. Sigh...whatever.

"Here. I used the peaches you bought." He analysed the cake deeply when I place it in front of him. "Come and get your cake Cade!"

 "Come and get your cake Cade!"

"Coming mummy!"

"What's this called? Wow. It's nice." He said in awe once he took the first bite.

"Peach Cobbler snack cake."

"Of course it nice. Mummy makes the best cakes and food in the world!" Caydon exclaimed as he took a big mouth of the cake, the cream getting smeared on his nose.

"Don't move Cade. You've gotten cream on your nose." Taking a tissue,  I wiped the stain off as he wriggled his nose cutely.

"All gone already?"

"Yes Cade. All gone. How's the cake love?"

"It's yummy mummy! Thank you!"

"You're welcome Cade."

"Thanks." Carlos said shortly as he stayed entranced by his cake.

"Welcome Carlos."

"What do you think about roses and strawberries?"

"Roses are beautiful and strawberries are sweet and juicy. Why? Are you buying them for a lover?"

"Yeah."

"I see. She will love it."

"Okay. I'll be off now. Thanks for the cake. Call me when you've decided. Bye." He walked out of the house alone before I can even offer to walk him to the door.

He's weird....