four

"I'm sorry?" Hakyeon asked after having recomposed himself, momentarily thinking that his ears had been playing tricks. He observed as Jaehwan had opened his mouth to respond to Hakyeon's question, but stopped himself after coming to a realization. A blush started to creep up on his cheeks in embarrassment, resulting Jaehwan to hold his head in his hands to hide. After a moment of taking a deep breath to calm down, he dropped his hands back to his sides, although Hakyeon noticed the tips of his ears had turned scarlet red. Hakyeon quietly chuckled to himself upon witnessing that. "This isn't the coffee shop, is it?" Jaehwan asked, although he already knew the answer to his question from the small snickers the two employee's gave.

"No. It is right across from us." Hakyeon responded as he pointed to the door, the bulding across from them being the actual coffee shop. Jaehwan followed where the end of his finger was pointing to, sighing deeply at his simple mistake. "How cute," Riley murmured softly as she observed Jaehwan, eyeing him from the top of his head to his waist, considering the counter stood in her field of vision. Hakyeon had heard her comment, and mentally agreed with her. "Shit," Jaehwan cursed under his breath as he turned back to face the two employees. He rubbed his nape in embarrassment, as he averted his eyes from either of the two, and stared the counter as though it was the most interesting thing in the world. "I came here in a hurry and didn't bother to check which shop was a coffee shop." He chuckled nervously, gazing outside to the actually shop that sold coffee's. He lifted his head slightly, and shyly gazed at Hakyeon and Riley, a slight tint of pink adorning his cheeks.

"Don't worry, that's bound to happen with a bakery and coffee shop so close to each other." Riley commented with a small smile on her lips as she shook her hands in the air, dismissing his mistake. Hakyeon closed his eyes and softly laughed behind his fist, which gained Jaehwan's attention. He opened them and noticed the nervous expression forming on Jaehwan's face, along with his body seeming to have become tense and stiff, and he sheepishly smiled. "I've done it before too." Hakyeon started, and stopped for a brief moment to snort at the memory before continuing. "Although I mistook a game store with a grocery store."

It had been a simple mistake at the time, having not paid attention to his surroundings, he momentarily forgot where the video game store had been, and had stayed in place for many years. He remembered walking into the building, and feeling a fresh gush of air from the air condition, his hair being swept back. He would walk in circles, trying to find where the games were placed, and thought for half and hour how they changed the layout of the store, along with making it much bigger. It was until his saw Taekwoon walking around, and made his way to him to ask him what he was doing there, which earned a look of disbelief from the younger, along with if he was getting the hottest new game that had just come out. That one question had earned a snicker from the younger, and he had pulled him by his wrist to where all the fresh vegetables were. He had took hold of Hakyeon's head, and firmly shoved his head in front of the avocados. The elder stayed in that same spot for nearly a minute, processing the fact that he was in the wrong store extremely slow. It was an experience that none of his friends let him live down for quite a while.

Riley snapped her head towards Hakyeon, her eyes widdened in shock and let out a breath of disbelief at how unbelievable the idea of getting a game and grocery store mixed up. Jaehwan's stiffness from worry quickly subsided after the comment from Hakyeon, the expression on his face had seemed to turn into one of momentarily relief, until he broke out into a cheeky smile. "How does that even happen?" Jaehwan said, trying to stiffle the giggles that dared to escape. Hakyeon snorted at the younger's attempt to stop himself from laughing, and proceeded to joke around. "My mind was blank aside from the game I wanted to get." At that point, Jaehwan could not keep a composed fave and started to break out into a small fit of laughs. Midway laughing, he started to wheeze, which earned a chuckle or two from Hakyeon. Soon, the sound of laughter started to die down, and as Riley had observed quietly, although it felt more as if she was third wheeling, there was an extended moment of silence. Both the boys in the building continued to look at each other, soft smiles decorating their faces.