In Pain

*Jazlyns pov*

I walked into school as i tried to hide my limp. I sighed a bit, my ribs were throbbing. I walked to my locker and got my books out. I shut my locker and turned around to see Gelo. "Hey," he smiled at me. I forced a smile back, not talking. It hurt to even breathe, talking was a nightmare.
"You okay?" he sighed, looking concerned. I nodded and forced another smile at him. I went to walk away but he stopped me. "Owy Gelo fucking stop!" I held my ribs and leaned over. I took a deep breath as tears filled my eyes. He put his hands up right away and sighed. "Im so so sorry Jazlyn what happened?" he sighed.
"Nothing okay?" I sighed, walking to the girls bathroom. I set my books down on the counter and held my ribs. I leaned back on the wall and sighed. i let a tear fall. This is fucking terrible.

I walked out of school at lunch. I walked across the road to the football field. i sat down at the bleachers and pulled out a joint i rolled this morning. I lit it and leaned back. I inhaled the smoke and blew it out.

"You know smoking on school property is not allowed," I heard Gelo say, as he sat next to me.
"Fuck school," i shrugged, taking another hit.
"So what happened?" he sighed, "What happened to you? Why are you so hurt?"
"Nothing okay? Please leave it alone," i looked at him with pleading eyes. He sighed but nodded.
"Listen," He looked at me, "Im here for you okay? You can trust me." I nodded and put my joint out. "Thanks but i don't trust anyone," i shrugged and stood up slowly.
"Baby what are you doing?!" i heard a voice yell up to us. I looked at Gelo, "All you dude," i laughed walking down the bleachers. I walked away as i heard those two start the fight. I shook my head a bit and laughed.

I got home after school and i went to the kitchen, not hiding my limp. "Hey what happened?" my mom watched me, it looked like she was actually sober.
"Dad," i shrugged a bit.
"What did he do?" she sighed. I pulled up my shirt and showed her for a second, then pulled it down. I shrugged it off and got a water. "My god," she sighed.
"Leave it alone i don't want to get it worse," I took a drink, "Im a big girl i can handle my own problems." I walked upstairs and sat in my bed. i checked my phone to see a text from a number i didn't have saved.

Number- Stay the fuck away from my boyfriend you little east side slut!

I laughed a bit and shook my head. What the fuck is wrong with people. I put my phone away and leaned back a bit. I looked at my door and it was my mom. "Put this on your ribs okay?" she handed me an ice pack.
"Oh so now you decide to be a mother," I put it on my ribs, "Great. its been 17 years since ive had on of those."
"Don't get smart with me," She spat. I shrugged her off and leaned back a bit. I pulled my covers up and turned my tv on and sighed a bit. I got a text from Gelo.

Gelo- wanna chill again? I like you, youre different.

Me- ask your girlfriend first.

i send him a screenshot of the text i got.

Gelo- dude im sooo sorry about that! ill talk to her.

Me- no im a big girl Gelo i can handle my own fights. I don't need a man to stand up for me okay?!

Gelo- okay...

Me- sorry im just not having a good day..

Gelo- im gon come over okay?

Me- okay..

i let a lot of tears fall and i leaned back on the headboard. I was in a lot of pain... not just physically.

I wiped  my eyes and sniffled as i heard Gelo come in. I scooted over and let him sit next to me. I wiped my eyes again and sighed. "Could i see?" he sighed. I shook my head.
"No i don't want you to see it," I shrugged. He nodded and put his arm around me gently.
"Im sorry," he sighed. I shrugged.
"Don't be i don't like when people are sorry for me," i shrugged a bit. He nodded and kissed my head gentle.
"You just need somebody to show you how to feel loved," he sighed.
"Well no one loves me so how is that supposed to happen?" i laughed, while i started crying again. He sighed and held me closer. I cuddled into him gently as i cried. I felt so safe in his arms, i felt so comfortable. Ive never felt like this with anyone. I wiped my eyes and pulled away. I pulled the blankets down and took the ice pack off. Then i pulled my shirt up to reveal the bruises that laid on the skin of my ribs. They were dark purple and black, they were all swollen and sore... it wasn't a pretty sight...