Adopted By Dan Howell Ch. 23

Well, its been a week since we got back from Playlist live and now there is a 'Boys ask Girls' dance being held at our school on Friday. Its Wednesday and I have not been asked. Surprise, not? Any boy that touches me would get slapped in the face by Dan and honestly, I wouldn't mind it.

One issue with living with all boys, boys don't get girls. I don't have a mum or a sister (not considering Mimi) to talk to. Boys don't understand girl things. Well, most girl things. Dan nor Phil understand things like periods and cramps, they would be like talking to a brick wall.

"Hey you" someone says and I turn around in my chair. A boy passes me a note that says...

Hey Alex,

Meet me at the park 19:00 after school.

I'll be waiting, I need to ask you something'.

Love, Flynn

P.S remember me from the orphanage? I was only there for around 6 years.

I nod and smirk, turning my head before he can see me blush.

I remember him well, we were friends.

"So, Alex, I saw you in class. Who's the man-candy?" Zelda asks when we walk to our art class. "His name is Flynn and he wants to meet up after school" I say and smile at his name. Flynn, so... sexy. "Ohhh, does someone have a date to the dance?" Connor says running up behind me. "I don't know. Don't make a big deal, not the whole world need to know about the note" I say. "Who is it?" Connor asks. "Flynn Narrell" Zelda answers for me. "Oh! Him! he's been talking about you, he is on my footy team" Connor says. "Awee, that's cute. Our little Alexandra is growing up!" Zelda says and fake crys into Connor shoulder. Connor pats her head. I roll my eyes and keep walking.

"Hi Dad-dy" I say as I walk into his room. "Hey love, what's up?"  he asks when I sit down on his bed. "Nothing much. Can I go out tonight?" I ask. "With who? Do you have homework?" he says. "Uhmm, with a boy. And yes, I have maths" I say. "A... BOY?" he questions with surprise in his voice. I nod my head and he puts his hand on my shoulder. "Do we need to have the sex talk?" he asks while smiling. "Dad, do we have to?" I ask. "No, not really" he says. I smile and look at him.

"Should I move?" Phil asks when I get into the lounge. "No, cuddling would be nice" I say and sit down next to him. He throws his arm around me and I lay my head on his shoulder. He kisses the top of my head.

"I need to go"  I say to Phil and get up. "Where are you off to?" he asks. "The park" I reply and head to my room. I grab my phone and my earbuds and head out the door.

I cross my arms and snuggle up with my sweater while walking to the park. "Ugh, its cold" I mumble to myself.

"Hey Alex" Flynn says when I walk into the park. "Hi Flynn" I say and he gives me and awkward hug. The park is almost silent and he walks me over to a treehouse. He grabs my hand and starts to lead me up the ladder.

"Oh, whats under this tea towel?" he says in a bad fake questioning voice. He lifts the tea towel and underneath reveals leaves spelling out the words

Alexandra Rose Howell, will you come to the dance with me?

I hold his hand and look into his swampy green eyes. "Yes, I will Flynn" I say. "I have loved you since you were a posh 6 year old" he says and I cringe a little at the thought. "Your eyes are like the ocean shimmering in the light" he says, smirking. "Cliché, but cute" I say and giggle. He slowly starts leaning in for a kiss, my first kiss, but I am not ready. Please phone ring. Please please please. I say to myself. Ring ring ring! My brain is exploding, but not to mention my hormones are raging. He is so cute!