-fourteen-

Day 14

“Good morning, Bella.” Calum smiled, not attempting to frighten me today.

“Morning Cal.” I yawned, cursing myself for staying up until 3 in the morning because of the Teen Wolf marathon on TV.

“Guess what today is.” Calum’s grin widened.

“Tuesday?”

“Funny,” he rolled his eyes, “but I was going to point out that it’s the last day of school before spring break.”

“Meh,” I shrugged my shoulders, not really bothered about whether or not we had school.

“’Meh’?” Calum mock gasped, grasping the thin clothing above his heart. “Excuse you; we have nine spectacular days away from the prison known as high school. It deserves more than just a ‘meh’ you… person.”

“Person?”

“I couldn’t think of an insult.” Calum admitted, biting his lip as his face flushed.

“You’re lucky you’re cute.” I rolled my eyes, smiling when he interlocked our fingers.

“So I’ve been told.” He nodded before sending me an exaggerated wink. “By the way, you’re coming to dinner tonight. At my house.”

“And if I decline?”

“Then I’ll cry and drown my feelings in ice cream, which will make me gain about fifty pounds and you’ll be the reason behind my obesity.” He rapidly nodded as I giggled.

“Are your parents home?”

“No, but Mali is,” he bit his lip, “and she wants to see you again. Please? I’ll do anything.”

“Anything, you say?” I sent him an impish grin as his face visibly paled.

“Not anything anything, but- well, you-“

“Calum,” I cut him off, “I was just joking.”

He sighed heavily in relief. “So, you’re coming tonight?”

“I suppose.” I teased. “But I may or may not fall asleep.”

“Teen Wolf marathon again?” He asked, rolling his eyes at my sheepish grin. “We’ve been over this, you need sleep more than you need werewolves.”

“Excuse you,” I scoffed, “I need werewolves and bad CGI more than anything else.”

“More than me?” He pouted, drawing his arm back from where it was slung over my shoulders, bringing it to lay crossed over his chest.

“That’s debatable.”

“You’re debatable.”

“…Okay?”

I’m dating an idiot.

-|-|-

“Happy lunchtime, Bella.” Calum smiled, sliding into his normal seat.

“What’s so happy about it?” I retorted while covering my smile as a strange look crossed his face.

“Well you have me, and food, and um… Me?” He awkwardly smiled.

“Depends,” I leaned across the table, “does this lunch include your lips and mine?”

“Do you want it to?” He asked, leaning close enough so his hot breath fanned over my face.

“Not really.” I smirked before leaning back in my chair as a confused expression crossed Calum’s face.

“Well that damaged my ego.” He grimaced.