New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /5/

Start from the beginning

That got his attention. His eyes flicked over in my direction for a moment. "They could be following us. We have to hurry, alright?"

I looked at him like he was crazy. "Who the fuck are we running from?!" I finally lost it, as I reached over and grabbed onto his arm tightly.

Right when I made contact with him, I could feel his body freeze. He stared at me, and then back onto the road. "I'll explain once we're clear of them." He finally said to me.

I narrowed my eyes. "I want to get out of the car. Now." I ordered, glaring. "Pull over now Mr. Turner, I want out."

I could tell he was ignoring me. This only pissed me off more.

"I said pull over now!!" I snapped at him.

With a jerk, the car whipped over to the side of the road, and he slammed on his breaks. I nearly got whiplash, as I whammed forward. "God dammit!" I yelled, as I pushed the car door open and jumped out.

Darkness was all around us, as Mr. Turner stood beside me. I stood before him, ready to have it out.

"What is your problem?! Are you crazy? You could have killed us! And because why? Some guy was in my house! You need to tell me what is going on, or else I'm....I'm going to....call the police!" I fumbled over my choice of words.

I waited for him to say something. I was NOT expecting him to laugh at me. He laughed! What the hell? "You're not going to the police Melinda. Relax." He stated simply, as if what I was saying was funny!

"Relax?" I let out a dry laugh. "Are you kidding me?! I can't just relax! We've been chased! My power went out! A freak was in my house!" I began to pace. "First my car broke down. You won't tell me anything. And right now my nerves are so shot I...."

I stopped when Mr. Turner was right in front of me, and grabbed onto my shoulders. My heart seemed to slow down. "Look Melinda, I'm really sorry about this...." He began, and I furrowed my brows. "....you just need to calm down." His voice trailed off.

My heart was racing as he leaned forward towards me. "Wha--"I tried to speak, but my voice was shaky. I swore I was about to pass out.

My eyes grew wide as his face moved closer towards mine. His breath was warm, and I knew what was coming.

His lips pressed against mine, and I really felt like my knees were going to buckle. He felt so good against me, and I closed my eyes as he pulled away as quickly as he came.

"I'm sorry Melinda, don't be mad." I heard him mutter.

My vision got blurry all of a sudden, as I grasped my head. "What did you---" I blinked a few times, and felt myself falling.

Mr. Turner grasped onto me, just as my eyes were closing. "Everything will be fine. I promise."

Those were the last words that I heard, before my mind seemed to shut off. Before I knew it, I lost consciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes slowly flickered open, and I clutched my temples. I gazed around, trying to figure out where I was. Slowly I sat up, but immediately froze when I didn't recognize my surroundings.

I was in a motel room.

Holy fuck! Where the hell am? And how did I get here?

Shit! Shit! SHIT! I tried to stand up, but my legs were wobbly. I grasped onto the nightstand, trying to balance myself.

Memories flooded back to me. Mr. Turner. The power going out. The stranger. A car chase. Him...kissing me?!! And then I passed out!

"What the hell?" I questioned to myself, my head still a little fuzzy. With a deep breath, I stood on both feet, and shakily moved towards the motel door.