Chapter 16:"Try anything and I'll shoot you."

"What do you mean," Neal asked and I shook my head.

"When I ran. I did small things steal a wallet here and some food there," I said before looking at Peter and saying," Anything I stay here, stays here."

He nods and I turn back to the city landscape.

"One day, I got caught stealing a guy's wallet. I ran. Needless to say, I got caught and that's where he found me. You have to understand that I was a kid that was just hoping to be able to get by. He promised me a better life where I wouldn't have to worry about being alive the next day. So, I took his offer, we were a family. Then, one day over a misunderstanding he kicked me out. I haven't heard from him since," when I finished my mini-speech they were looking at me.

"But why come back now," Neal asked looking at me.

"I don't know but trust me, if he wants me dead then I'm as good as dead," I said.

"No. You're not alone, not now. We face this together. We are going to fix this," Peter said.

"Right," I said, nodding. 

"You have school tomorrow," Neal says. 

"Great," I say sarcastically. 

They laugh and leave. 

When they leave, there's a knock at the door.  

"Neal, I told you," I said before opening the door. 

I tried to shut the door but he pushed it open. 

I grabbed a nearby vase and was about to hit him over the head with it when he took a gun out. 

I dropped the vase and it shattered. He pushed me back and I stumbled but didn't fall. 

He hit me with the butt of the gun and I fell to the floor holding my face.

I could feel the blood but he grabbed my collar and forced me up. 

I grabbed his hand that was holding my collar and he put the gun near my ribs. 

"Try anything and I'll shoot you," he says and I nod. 

he lets me go and I fall to the floor. 

"Nice apartment," he says but I stay quiet. 

"Come on," he says kneeling down infront of me. 

He sighs before shoving a cloth into my face. 

I try to fight back but I already inhaled the scent. 

Next thing I know all I see is darkness. 

(Switch to Unknown Guy's POV) 

I never knew that it would come down to this. 

I got into the driver seat after tying up Daniel and throwing him into the back. 

May have had a few bumps along the way, resulting in his getting a busted lip. 

I called Cody and set the phone on speaker. 

"Is it done," he asked and I rolled my eyes. 

"Yes. He's knocked out but nothing too serious," I said. 

"Good. Meet me at the warehouse and make sure that you are not followed," he said cutting the call. 

I looked back to see him still knocked out.