Chapter 3: The Find Out

We stopped infront of a large building and I waited for the agent to open the door.

He did and just as I was about to get out and make a run for it he grabbed my arm.

"Don't even try it," he said and I could tell he was at the point of wanting to snap my neck.

Then again, it was Friday night and I did ruin his chance of grabbing a criminal.

I nodded because I know I needed to act afraid so that he'd think I was.

Not gonna lie though the gun in his holster is a bit of a booster.

We walked into the FBI building and I kept my head down as we walked into the elevators.

He pushed me in first and then got in.

I was leaning against the wall with my hands cuffed behind my back.

The elevator doors dinged and he grabbed my arm and pushed me through the opening.

When we got into the office he told me to sit down in a chair that was by a desk.

Though, I didn't have much of a choice considering he all but pushed me back into the chair.

"Mate, who'd you mind loosing the cuffs a bit. They're a bit of a bother," I said letting my English accent come through.

"Or I could have you locked in a cell considering you don't know how to shut up," he said before sitting at what I presumed was his desk.

"Sorry, mate. I didn't mean to be a bother," I said and then mumbled,"like these cuffs."

I was slowly working my way out of the cuffs when someone slammed the door shut.

"Peter, Neal, you don't know how happy I am to see you right now," the arresting agent said and I tensed at the name.

They couldn't possibly be the same person, could they?

I mean, Neal would never work for the FBI.

I was broken out of my thought process by someone snapping their  fingers near my face.

"No offense, Mate but if you don't have people skills then you really should learn about personal space,"I say and he huffs.

"He has been saying things like that since I arrested him," the man said and I noticed that Neal was trying to get a look at my face but I made sure that he couldn't clearly see me.

"What'd you arrest him for? He doesn't look older than about 17," Peter said.

"He set off my case and so I lost them. I was thinking that maybe he could help us find him," the man said and I couldn't help but laugh a bit.

I noticed they turned to look at me.

"Don't mind me, mate. I was just wondering how you could think something as idiotic as that," I said leaning back against the chair.

I heard Neal gasp but it was quiet. I almost didn't detect it.

"What's so idiotic about that," Peter said and I just sat there.

"Dani," Neal whispered and I nodded.

"Peter, he won't help you," Neal said and they both looked from him to me.

"Why not," Peter said putting both hands on his waist.

"Because I'm not a bloody snitch," I said.

"That and he's a lot like Caffrey in some ways," Jones said.

"Well, you might want these back," I say and they look confused before I put the cuffs on the table.

"What, how. You barely moved," Jones said and I just smirked.

"Daniel, is that really you," Neal said and I nodded.

I stood up from the chair and Neal gave me a hug.

"What is going on," Peter said and I looked at Neal.

"Peter, Jones. Meet my little brother, Daniel Caffrey," Neal said.

"Pleasure," I said putting my hand out for them to shake.

When they didn't I retracted my hand,"Alright, then."

"Mozzie is going to be so excited to see you," Neal said out of nowhere.

"I don't know about that," I said quietly but of course Neal heard me.

"What do you mean," he said looking at me.

"Well, you see I- uh- kind of ditched him," I said awkwardly scratching the back of my neck.

"YOU DID WHAT," Neal asked well more like screamed.

"Okay. Neal calm down. We'll talk about this at my house and no you aren't getting out of it," Peter said.

"Well, it was nice meeting you but I should get going," I said and was about to leave when Neal grabbed my collar.

"I'm not getting out of this either am I," I said and he shook his head no.

"Very well. Let's get this over with," I said and we walked out of the building.