foreword // overview

This is a writing contest held fortnightly for all Jakayla fans! If you love Horror and Ms_Horrendous 's books, then you've come to the right place - we'll love to see you showcase your writing talents! :3

Every two weeks (fortnightly), you'll be given a new prompt. Prompts range from Hide And Seek fanfictions, to simple Horror contests. The entries will be judged by the admins.

There will be three winners for each contest.

Prizes:

Sections will asterisks (*) are optional.

First place:
• A follow
* A cover for the book of your choice by one of our graphic designers, @SophroniaTurner.
• A shoutout
* Pick the next contest prompt
• Getting featured on Horror One-Shots, a separate horror one-shot book where we'll be displaying the winning entries
• A story dedication
• Chat Session with Jakayla (Istg I'm not kidding)

Second Place:
• A follow
• A shoutout
• Getting featured on Horror One-Shots, a separate horror one-shot book where we'll be displaying the winning entries
• A story dedication

Third Place:
• A follow
• A shoutout

Other than all these, Jakayla will be following all the winners!

Word Limit: 2000 words

Requirements to enter

• It has to be in a published book.

• Your book has to be tagged with #horrendoussquad.

• You must be following this account and be part of The Horrendous Squad.

Form: (comment this on the respective chapters only)

Username:
Book Title/ Link:

Regarding the winning entries

• You will be given only one week to submit your entries. The remaining one week would be for judging and announcing the winners. Prizes will be delivered ASAP once the results are announced.

• 1st and 2nd place winners are to re-send their entries privately to me via email so that we can feature it in the separate book. 1st place winners are to follow their graphic designer if they were to request for a cover. If the 1st place winner doesn't wish to either pick a prompt or receive a cover, it will be passed on to the 2nd place winner, so on and so forth.

• If you wish to receive a cover, you HAVE to PM @SophroniaTurner yourself on the details of your book cover. But please ne patient with her, and don't over explain things. We all have a life.

Overall Bimonthly Winnner

Yes, you heard right! There'll be an overall winner of every 2 months. This is an exclusive prize and only first place winners who took part in the previous contests in that exact month are eligible to win. Winners of this category will receive:

Follows from me (Cady_Cheshire ) and the other three admins (Chey9267, Ja2Anjelica and _LiveForTheNight_ ), shoutout on this account, a story dedication, your book added to a reading list.

Questions

Q: Can we have submit than one entry?
A: Yes. You may submit up to two entries only. However, one person is only allowed to win at most once - we will select the better entry among your two submissions. This is to make sure everyone gets their own share of the spotlight and recognition.

Q: Can graphic designers/ staff enter too?
A: Yes, you can! In fact, you are encouraged to. We judge fairly, and we will certainly NOT be biased towards staff members. If a graphic designer wishes to enter, they can but if they happen to win first prize, they would not receive the cover and the cover will be passed on to the second place winner.

Q: If we already won for previous contests, will we still be allowed to enter?
A: Yes, of course! Just know that you cannot win first place anymore if you've already won for more than three times. Give others a chance!

Any more queries? Please feel free to ask by commenting OR Private messaging us! :)

___________________________

Suggested by: blare_spark_2005
Cover by: kittygirl486
Managed by: Cady_Cheshire, Chey9267, Ja2Anjelica and _LiveForTheNight_.