Chapter 39: The Harsh Truth

Start from the beginning

Grillby sat there and waited patiently for about four minutes before Sans came back with two plates, and a bottle of ketchup.

"a made some corn dogs." He announced, quite happily.

"So much for saying you knew how to make food." Grillby pointed out jokingly.

"hey, technically i did cook them for fifty seconds in the microwave after pulling them out the freezer." Sans defended his 'cooking'.

Grillby rolled his eyes and laughed softly.

"You're hilarious."

"no, i'm sans."

Grillby face palmed and sighed, dipping his corn dog in a small amount of ketchup, and taking a bite out of it.

Sans giggled at his own joke and Grillby's reaction before beginning to actually eat his food, drowning it in ketchup.
_____________

After a really late dinner, the couple got ready to sleep.

Since Sans forgot to bring an extra pair of clothes, Grillby gave Sans one of his smallest white t-shirts that dropped all the way down to his knee caps.

"Your so small." Grillby teased, already lying in bed ready to sleep.

"shut up grillbz...." Sans mumbled, crossing his arms over his chest and looking away with a feeling of shame at his stature.

Grillby sat up and unexpectedly pulled Sans onto the bed with him, making him shriek at the sudden action, and wrapping his arms and legs around the smaller one.

"And I love it. I love everything about you. You're so perfect, Sans." Grillby contemplated.

Although Sans' thoughts screamed the opposite, he just buried his head into Grillby's chest and didn't say anything but an 'i love you'.

Soon, Sans had fallen asleep peacefully.

Thankfully, his nightmares weren't as bad as before since he had began worrying less of the resets, and was happier than ever with the people he loved.

Everything was great so far, asides from that buried feeling of self hatred lingering there in his thoughts of course, and those memories of the past timelines.

Grillby looked down at Sans and kissed him in the forehead before carefully squeezing out of the bed, and walking to the living room, leaving all doors behind closed shut.

Grillby heaved a long sigh, before plopping onto the couch and dialing his father's phone number in his phone.

'Here we go...' He mentally noted.

The other line picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Father, it's me. Grillby." Grillby said.

"Oh- Grillbert! Son! Your mother and I, along with your brother Ignatius are on our way to the surface. We already crossed the barrier! Your eldest sister Agnimitra wanted to come, but she's occupied with her job, and transitioning her daughter Fuku Fire to another highschool here in the surface. Whew... Anywho, I heard someone went on a successful rampage with a certain bar by the name of Grillby's." His Father conversated.

Grillby laid back on the couch and began fiddling with his thumbs.

"Yeah... But weren't you against me running my own bar, Father?" Grillby recalled curious as to why his father had changed his mind.

"Son, I'm so sorry I was unaccepting toward that decision. I honestly thought it would influence you to wrongful decisions since the job is awfully based on alcohol. And the drunks there... Ugh... I don't want my son to be near those drunks now, do I?"

Grillby bit his lip and sighed.

Ok, here it goes...

"Father, I need to tell you something." He began.

"Uh-huh, go on. I'm listening."

"I'm...in a relationship... romantically involved." He confessed.

"Ooh! Tell me more! How's the girl?"

"It's a boy..." Grillby awkwardly corrected.

"Oh Grillbert. You know I don't care for that! You don't have to get so worked up about that!"

"Father... He is a skeleton..." Grillby muttered.

"A SKELETON!?!??!"
_________________

Hehehehe.... That's all for now. I'll try to post next chapter either later today, or by tomorrow. (No guarantees)

I'm enjoying this section of the book lol.

Leave comments down below like I always say. They make my day much better.