Chapter 11 - City Dramas

Start from the beginning

“Good to see you both found each other finally.” She murmured.

“What do you mean by finally?” I asked suspiciously but at that moment she turned to the gathered and barley murmuring crowd. She lifted her, Caden and me into the air so they could all see us.

“Rejoice my subjects our long lost son has been returned to us. All welcome Prince Caden back into the realm.” A series of chants began at Lilly’s encouraging words “Also welcome my son’s savoir Charlie, the next Ambassador.”

Upon hearing those words I frowned and turned to search for Markus who looked suspiciously guilty. That was the only way that Lilly would have known what was going on. He refused to acknowledge me so I just shook my head.

The astonished crowd then decided they loved us which annoyed me no end. I glared at them as we walked back to the huge main doors and they quite smartly refused to look at me. I hated fake behaviour and I’d had to endure a lot of it over the years.

Within the shortest amount of time, I had been shuffled along to my suite with no idea what happened to the horses or Caden. My anger flared up and started to take over as I paced the length of my room like a caged tiger.

“Ah it is so good to have you back Charlie. It has been so long since you have visited.” A dry witty voice interrupted my thoughts and I turned to see Marcel, who was basically my offsider whenever I was here.

As usual his greying hair was sleeked back in a sophisticated manner, while an air of mischievousness surrounded him. His dark blue eyes glimmered at me while he grinned happily and bowed at me.

“Hi Marcel.” I gave him a hug which he returned “I’m glad you’re here, I need your help with a few things.”

“Anything my lovely, if you tell me the story I heard on the way up here is true.” He looked at me curiously and I sighed.

“I don’t know it might be slightly exaggerated by now.” I told him wryly.

“True but this is what I heard. You rode in on flying horses.” I nodded and he squealed “And they said you stole their senses, then ordered that they believe your words.”

“What? That’s utter crap! They wouldn’t shut up so I muted them so they would listen to me but the morons didn’t believe me anyway.” I shouted as I started pacing crazily.

“I haven’t got to the best bit yet.” He told me as I glanced at him curiously.

“Oh do tell.” I said sarcastically.

“They are all saying that you saved Prince Caden.” He said the words in a hushed tome, expecting me to deny it.

“Uh well that one is kind of true.” I mumbled and Marcel looked at me completely shocked “That’s actually what I need help with. I need to find out what they’ve done with my flying horses. Then I need you to help me find Caden.” I explained and his jaw dropped open at my use of Caden’s name with such familiarity.