Chapter 2

Chapter 2: the news...
__________________________

I race up to the Police Officer.

"Excuse me. Umm, excuse me!" i say, tapping his shoulder getting impatient.

He turns around. "Sorry Miss, but i am afraid you can't be here, this is off limits. You'll need to step behind the yellow tape."

"What going on? This is my house. I am the Stevenson's resident, Taylah Grace-Mayy Stevenson." i plead with him.

"Oh, well in that case...Miss, i am sorry to confirm to you that your parents have passed away just a few hours ago due to a plane crash," he sighs placing a hand on my shoulder.

I flinch back, not wanting him to touch me. I can't believe it!!!

"Look," he says. "I am sorry i was the one to break the news, and i am sorry for your loss, but for the law, you need to come with me," he says placing a hand around my back, guiding me inside.

I still cant believe him. He'a not telling the truth. He can't be, can he?

We walk inside and i see stacks of paper work, documents, and files on the kitchen bench top. He leads me over there, and i cant believe what i am seeing.

"I am sorry you had to see that!" he says scurrying to pick up the papers that i had laid my eyes on. But it was too late.

The photo that i saw, held a picture of the jet my parents had taken. It was on the plane's runway, but smashed, shattered, and crumpled. There was no way ANYONE could make it out of the plane alive. Next to that photo was another one. It held my parents. There bodies were all bruised and bloody and torn apart.

Tears well up in my eyes as the Police man comes back.

"Since your parents passed, you are in the care of your immediate family. But, since both of your parents were an only child and your grandparents are also not here, you will go to your parents best friends, Mr and Mrs Colten," he says handing me some papers.

I burst into tears, the reality of what has actually happened finally hitting me! I will never see my family again!

The police man walks away to give me a few moments to myself.

A woman walks up to me and hugs me. I hold her tight and close to me, really needing someone to comfort me. It was my neighbour, Mrs Thompson.

"Hey honey," she says with a half smile, tears also running down her face. I just half smile back at her.

"Your mother and father were great people!" she coos to me.

"I had received information to tell you that you must go chance and pack a few clothes and things you wanna take on the plane, ok?" she says, pulling me back and holding me at shoulders length.

"Wait pl-pla-plane?" i say threw sobs and tears.

"Yes honey. Didnt they tell you? The people who will look after you live in California." she informs me.

"No they didnt." i say.

"Well that's were your going, OK? They live in California, and so the plane that you'll be taking will be a 7hour plane ride," she smiles to me. "Your plane leaves in 1hour, so hurry up , collect anything you want to take in the plane and the rest will be taken over in boxes sometime, please be strong," she hushes me.

"Thankyou, i will." i whisper as i turn to go to my room.

I race down the hall, into my room and start to tear away the photos on my wall. Some rip and tear, and other just float to the ground. I shove them in a bag along with a book, my head phones, documents the police man gave me and a photo frame with me and my parents.

I quickly change into a pair of black and pink sweat pants and a blue patterned t-shirt. These were the last pair of clothes i bought with my mum at the mall, and they will be comfortable on the plane ride too. I slipped on a pair of creme flats and chuck my curled hair into a messy pony tail.

I run out of my room quickly grabbing my phone and the bag full of things for the plane. I don't want to be in this house any longer.

A few people try to talk to me or grab my attention, but i run straight past them and into my a black sports car the Police man instructed me.

I take one last glance at my house before turning my head to the other side and tearing up. I couldn't stand it anymore.

I closed my eyes, still crying and fell into a restless sleep in the back seat of the car.
__________________________

Hey, sorry i know it was a really bad and short chapter but yeah. Please comment.
Thanks for reading, Jazlyn xx