5

„Good morning, detective.", Lucifer smiled and Chloe turned around, her mouth wide open in surprise as she stared at him.

„What the-", she stopped herself, shaking her head in disbelief. „You were gone for almost two months! You pushed me away for so long and I still got no explanation from you whatsoever after what had happened that night..."

She looked around, trying to see if anyone was listening and then continued. „...And now you just show up here and pretend like nothing's wrong!"

„Yes, well, what would you like me to do?" he asked, one of his usual cocky smiles still on his face.

„Explain yourself.", she folded her arms beneath her chest angrily.

„What do you want me to explain?" his smile faded and he looked at her curiously, tucking his hands in his pockets.

Chloe glanced around again, seeing all the police officers going on with their business and a small crowd of neighbours that gathered on the other side of the street, behind a yellow 'do not cross' tape. Nobody was even near the two of them, so she turned her attention back to Lucifer and glared at him.

„Well, first of all, why aren't you telling me anything about that... Woman with wings? What exactly is she?" Chloe spoke in a hushed tone, but the irritation in her voice was evident.

She didn't get any answers and Lucifer pushed her away without a second thought. Obviously, she was mad that he was acting so rude towards her. He seemingly had control over everything; whether or not they're going to talk or meet, whether or not he's coming to work. It hurt her greatly that he didn't have enough trust to confide in her. It also hurt that he didn't speak to her about the things that were clearly important to him.

„Well, would you look at that. What a turn of events this is!" he scoffed. „Don't think I've forgotten how you followed me without my knowledge and-"

„I already told you, I did it because I care about you, Lucifer!" she rolled her eyes and shook her head. „And what about you?"

„What about me?"

„You've been avoiding me, not answering my calls and you honestly think that you can just come here and pretend like nothing's changed?" her voice got a little higher, because she started to feel more furious. And more hurt.

He sighed heavily. „What do you expect me to do now?"

„You can still work with me if you tell me everything."

„What do you mean by 'everything'?"

„You know what I mean.", she answered hastily. „Who is she? What is she doing here? How did this happen?"

„Yes, I get the point.", he seemed exasperated also. „I'll tell you everything you want to know."

She eyed him carefully, contemplating if he was toying around with her, or if he actually accepted her terms this quickly.

„Alright. Good.", she nodded hesitantly.

„Now, shall we get to work?" he asked with a small smile and walked past her to the crime scene, before he even got a response.

The rest of the day was pretty ordinary, if you could even say that in order to describe a day spent with Lucifer. Chloe was being her usual, professional self while Lucifer was being his usual, cheeky and distracting self, but in the same time quite helpful. They were still a bit mad at each other, but they succeeded in making plans for this evening. Chloe, Dan and Trixie were having a family dinner, but she also invited Lucifer and Belua to join, so Chloe could get to know her better and finally find out what this winged lady is all about.