6- A Life Prank

Lucy:

I did have something to tell my best friend, but he blew me off. At least he replied to the "yellow" situation. But Josh seemed too annoyed for being interrupted, he hates talking to basically everybody. Exception, moi. Agh. He's really on my nerves. At least I somehow managed to get a new friend in this short time period. "Eliii. You're friends with um... Parker, right? What makes him so special to take away my best friend?" I stressed on my new-found friend, Eli Hopscotch.

"Lucy, they were just obviously enjoying talking and didn't want to be...interrupted or separated at that moment." I glared at him. "But Josh always talks to me. He can't avoid moi." Eli sighed at my reaction. He's probably hoping that what he said earlier would make sense to me. He's just dreaming.

Scotch:

Daaamn. Lucy can whine like a baby! If only she believed what I said earlier, then she'd understand why Moonlight and Josh wanted to continue. Scotch. Sorry about him snapping. How's your mate doing? Did you tell her? Parkers voice ran through the mindlink.

*sighs* Yes. She doesn't believe me. I think that's what she was gonna tell Josh. But now she's pissed that he ignored her. *sighs* I replied under the watching eyes of Lucy. Well then. I'll just have to tell Josh later tonight. Meanwhile, don't let that mate of yours out of your site, got it? Parker replied with authority in his voice. Yes Alpha! I shut off the mindlink and focused my attention back onto my whining mate.

Parker:

Mimi went to sleep at around 10 o'clock, so me and Josh went and sat on the roof outside of her room. It's now 2am. The whole household should be asleep and my dogs should be getting let back in at around 6. I've been contemplating on if and how I should tell Josh about us. I really can't risk exposing us but everyone else who found their mate today would have the same risk. I'm about to do the straight forward approach. Dead straight explanation to him about this household and many others. I looked up into the clear dark sky one last time before turning to look at Josh.

"Hey Josh. I've got something important to tell you." He turned his head and stared into my forever dancing eyes. "Umm, why don't we get of the roof? I wouldn't want you to fall off." He looked back at the night sky before nodding his head and getting up. We snuck through Mimis' room and into the hallway. I lead him to a hidden stair case and started to climb. Soon, I was faced with the door to my bedroom. Not many people can enter but Josh is the top exception.

I walked into my gray and gray room with Josh trailing behind. As I sat on my bed, I saw him gape around. "But, I thought this house was only 3 stories. That tiny window at the top is in your room?" He said as he saw the tiny window that shows at the front of the house. "Yep. When we got it built, I wanted to have my own getaway. This is what I got. An attic type room that has a ensuite and walk in robe." I replied with a happy smile. He then turned to face me and sat on the floor with a semi-serious expression. "Didn't you have something important to tell me?" I nodded and joined him on the comfortable floor.

"Well. Me and my family are different from you. Not just mine but many others. We are...Ummm..." I gulped down my nerves slowly. "We're werewolves. The type of humans that can change into a wolf, but just a tad different to those fairy tales you've probably heard. I'm the Alphas son, making me and my siblings automatic Alphas. We have a bond type thing with other people, which who we call mates. That's why we went to the school today, some of the pack members felt a strong connection to that place. Oh. A pack is like any other pack of wolves, but we can change into humans. Welcome to the Blood Moon Pack, and congratulations. Plus, you are, um, my mate by the way." I said in one breath while staring at Josh. His face seemed emotionless and void of anything. He started shaking his head, muttering words under his breath. "Great. The universe is pulling another prank on my life." Josh sighed and stood up, still muttering things to himself.

"Please, don't leave yet. If you don't believe me, I, I can show you!" I pleaded for him to not leave my room. He turned with a raised eyebrow, his beautiful green eyes lightened with interest. "Just, promise not to like freak out or tell anyone." Once again Josh nodded his head giving me some hope and reassurance. I closed my eyes and breathed slowly. "Oh my god. I swear, if I'm actually getting tricked I will find a way to get back at this world." I opened my eyes to see him with furrowed eyebrows. I cautiously approached my mate, not wishing to startle him. Once I was close enough, I gently brushed against his leg then laid down to show that I meant no harm. Josh finally sat next to me and started stroking my fur. "It's sooo soft." I let out a low howl when Josh laid backwards. He then patted his stomach, which I gladly put my head on. He started to play with my ears and pat my head. Soon, we both entered the world of sleep, being quite calm and in peace.