With Me

(A/N: hahaha remember when I used to update this store lol me neither ENJOY, I'm updating as per requested)

*Jacqueline's POV*

If I knew only one thing for sure, it was this... people will use other people without even blinking an eye if it meant they'd be getting back at someone else.

I traced the long scar, gouged with rough and bumpy skin from being burnt from the torch what seemed like ages ago. It was doing a pretty good job at distracting me for the time being, but with every passing second, my mind would linger back to Alex and how badly his words stung. Usually, I wouldn't even be bothered by being called a "freak", because that's what I was. But once that word slithered out of Alex's mouth my heart crumpled like a piece of paper.

The chilly Autumn air nipped at the back of my neck, so I pulled up my jacket a little further. I didn't want to stand outside of Alex's apartment with gross tears swimming down my embarrassed cheeks as people stared at me while they walked by. but I dreaded going home even more. Fiddling with the phone in my palm, flipping it over and over in debate. I finally unlocked it and scrolled through my contacts before putting it up to my ear.

It rang three times, typical, before the line picked up on the other end.

"Jacky? Honey, how is California?!" Instantly my mom's cheery voice made me cringe. She probably thought I was having the time of my life here, and if she had called a week sooner I would have agreed.

"Mom, I wanna go home." I tried not to whine, but it was much better than sobbing. I wiped at the tears that dripped down the curves of my beet red face.

"What? I thought you loved it there?" Her tone instantly changed. "Did something happen? Honey, tell me."

"I just wanna go home, the people are the same here as they are at home." I glanced up at Alex's kitchen window and my heart dropped another few inches. I didn't know where to go from here. Alex thinks I'm weird and Morgue left. Sure, I could go back to the freak show since it is my job and all but I wouldn't have even gotten the job without Morgue.

"I'll be there as soon as I can, but you know its a six-hour flight and besides, finding a flight is going to be a problem." I nodded even though I knew she couldn't see me before clicking the phone off.

Freaks don't belong here, Jacqueline. You never belonged here. His words kept replaying in my head. And you have the nerve to waste my time being a slut when all I was was good to you. Well if you want to be with that freak, then so be it. Get the hell out of my house! And to think, Morgue told me this whole time that he was no good. I should have listened.

I slid my back down the brick wall until I was crouched in front of his house. I slammed my head back against the wall and closed my eyes, taking a deep breath.

*Alex's POV*

Don't think me all too mean. Yes, it was kind of a dick move to kick Jacqueline out, but I did have all the right intentions at first. I was attracted to her, but what made her even more attractive was her connection to Morgue, and if being with her would also get back at Morgue, then it was a win win situation. But I should have known that she was still interested in Morgue, the way she looked at him was obvious but I guess I was oblivious.

I was stopped dead in my tracks when I heard a swift knock on my door. It was a soft knock like someone had accidentally knocked on my door then regretted it immediately. But, I opened it anyway. Before me stood a teary-eyed Jacqueline with a look of desperation in her eyes. Oh, what have I done?

"I'm sorry, Alex." Her voice was weak as she rubbed at her swollen eyes.

"Why are you sorry?"

"I-I?" She didn't know where she was going with that sentence, I could tell.

"Jacqueline, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said those things, I was being a jealous idiot." Without even a second glance she had her arms around my waist and her head buried in my chest. "I'm so sorry." She must have been outside for hours because her skin was cold and splatters of rain darkened her outfit.

*Jacqueline's POV*

Being in his warm embraced made my breathing slow times ten and my heart flutter slightly. It just felt right. Yeah, some of my thoughts still lingered on Morgue, but he moved to Florida. That's what he wanted, right? Distance from me? I was finally going to respect his wishes.

"What the fuck did you do to her?" I nearly jumped out of my skin, Morgue stood in the door way with an angry look on his face. His hair was dishevelled and he had dropped his bags on the floor outside of the hallway as he stepped through the door. "J, get out of here." He demanded. I stepped a little further away from Alex, my mouth hung agape with lack of words.

"Morgue, stop, please." I begged, "Morgue, really."

"Jacqueline, move." He seethed in anger.

"Morgen, what the hell is this?" Alex glared back.

"What did you do to her?"

"I didn't do shit." Alex stepped towards Morgue and Morgue didn't flinch.

"Morgue, please stop. I'm fine now!"

"Fine? You called me up just a few hours ago, hysterically crying like your life was going to end! How could you forgive him after what he called you? After what he said to you?" Morgue was impatiently looking at me, his fists clenching. "You don't belong here, J!"

"Then where the hell do I belong?" I was getting angry with him.

"With me!"

My eyes went wide.

**************************************************************************************

DUN DUN DUNNNN the drama is real

Comment your opinions, feedback, reactions, impressions of Alex's side of the story, Morgue's reaction, etc!

50 reads, 5 votes, or 2 comments= i update eventually