๑ऀ four

"i love this song," jihye smiled as she turned back to face youngmin. he did the same. "come and sit over here, jihye," he gestured to the small space next to him.

jihye scooted over to him as he turned off the lights. she froze. he noticed how she tensed and chuckled. "are you afraid of the dark?" jihye closed her eyes and nodded with embarrassment, earning herself a heart laugh from the boy.

his laughter— it rang through the room, it was loud; yet gentle— how somebody would push you, and then hold you in their embrace swiftly to avoid you from getting hurt. it was warm, and it was beautiful. jihye felt her stomachs start to fill with butterflies.

"alright, i'll dim it a little brighter. is this okay?" he turned to face her, and she nodded slowly. "are you sure?" just that simple question of making sure she was totally fine made jihye's heart race— he's too pure and kind-hearted for this world, is he not? she thought to herself.

youngmin took a seat next to her as he picked up the two microphones. as he passed one to her, as cliche as it sounds, their fingers brushed, and in that swift movement, jihye's breathing started to hitch. what was wrong with her? it's just a boy, jihye. get a grip.

"ah, dream girls, really?" he chuckled and jihye laughed as well. "but we both agreed that we love the song, so, you down?" she looked at him in the eye. they were truly mesmerizing.

"i'm always down for any ioi song, jihye; get on my level," he joked and the pair laughed as they began to sing their hearts out.

they were comfortable in each others' presnece almost instantly, and their voices complemented each other in perfect harmony. they were soon standing up and dancing to iconic kpop dances, constantly making fun of each other's stiff dance moves— both clearly could not dance, and it was entertaining to watch for the pair.

they both slumped on the couch as their final song, downpour, began to play. "emo finish, i'm not ready," youngmin declared with his hands in the air.

he clearly was silent thoughout the entire song, but his eyes were fixed on the girl as she sang his favourite song in perfect tune, every note sung with pure emotion. he found himself tearing up unknowingly as she continued to the bridge, and by the time the song ended, tears were streaming down his cheeks. but he was still smiling. because of her.

"jihye," he mumbled as his voice began to shake. the girl turned to face the tear-streaked boy in front of her, and her heart went out to him.

"this may sound really weird, but—" he looked down and fumbled with his fingers that were getting pelted with tears. "—can i have a hug before we go?"

jihye inched towards him without hesitation. youngmin slipped his arms around jihye's waist as he began to cry freely. every time jihye heard a sudden hiccup of sobs, she would hug him even closer to her chest.

she found herself placing a soft, small kiss on his forehead. im youngmin, if you're broken, please, let me be the one to fix you, she vowed to herself. once again, like an addiction she had now, she uttered his name again, but now, loud enough for the pair to hear— "youngmin."

and as if it were a reply, youngmin expressed himself by saying the two-syllable name, similar to his, and with the same amount of newfound love and passion with every letter annunciated—"jihye."

🎤

cute! thankU 3829382x for giving this story lotsa love :-)

and guess who's meeting @youngmins later because it's like 2am now and we're meeting at like 1pm lols sorry in advance if i oversleep syif 

have a great week anyway! remember to continue to take good care of yourself and not to take negativity to heart; there's always a silver lining to every cloud :-) i love you!

love, twinkle.