๑ऀ two

"ah, so he was cute!" yeri squealed and dramatically squished her now crimson flushed cheeks. jihye cursed under the breath in annoyance.

"i just said he wasn't that bad looking for somebody who was crying so much!" she retorted and yeri gasped in response. "so is he going to be a super dreamy guy when he's in a more normal state?" she cooed and smiled idiotically to herself. jihye looked at her in disgust.

"you are so shameless, i swear," she rolled her eyes and yeri pouted. suddenly, her eyes widened as she looked ahead.

"y-yah, ji-jihye-ah," she held onto jihee's arm and the older girl tried to push her away. "what now?"

"t-that guy, he-he's d-dead?" she murmured in pure fear, and jihye looked ahead of her and jumped back in shock, gasping at the sight unfolded before her.

she ran towards the boy and left a protesting yeri behind, her heart beating at an unmeasurable rate. the closer she got to him, the slower time seemed to tick. she crouched and tapped him lightly. he was on his knees and his head buried in them. he shook feverishly and was sweating profusely. as jihye leaned closer to him to get a better look at him, she realised that it was the same red-haired boy who she met at the karaoke just now.

she began to panic. what could she do? she could only call an ambulance at this point of time. she whipped out her phone. she instructed yeri to call an ambulance and be with him, while she ran to the nearest convenience store to get him a bottle of water. when she returned, he was lying on the floor and shaking from head to toe.

jihye felt her heartbeat accelerate. she could not allow him to lose consciousness, for he would be in a coma if he did. she offered the water to him, which he refused in between deep, struggling gasps of air as he continued to shake. both girls were beginning to sweat as well, they were at the brink of witnessing a boy die before their very eyes.

"hey," he suddenly breathed and jihye's fear-glinting eyes met his wearisome one that were about to close. "hold my hand—" another breath, "—please."

jihye did as he said, God knows why. she was supporting his entire body weight with one hand while holding his weak, cold hands with another. she gave it a reassuring squeeze while continuously repeating the same words, "help's coming, just a little longer, please."

as the blaring sirens could be heard from the distance, a wave of relief washed over jihye. the paramedics ran to the both of them and carried the boy onto the stretcher, jihye kindly offered to follow, but they had to kindly reject her, as "only family members were allowed to." before they wheeled him into the vehicle, the man whispered a small, "wait." only then did jihye realise that both of their hand were still interlocked.

"youngmin," he smiled weakly at her before closing his eyes and his heavy breathing stopped. the paramedics began to visibly panic, as they rushed to wheel him into the ambulance, tearing their hands apart.

jihye could only helplessly stare at the ambulance that slowly began to fade into the distance, as she internally collected her thoughts on what just happened.

"youngmin," she repeated, the name beautifully annunciated as they escaped her lips, every constanent expressed— as if that very name was made just meant for her to say.

"until we meet again," she sighed, and once again, the name she could not stop herself from repetiting— "youngmin."

🎤

hi i hope u liked that chapter!! and ahs wish me luck my o level english oral is in like 2 days i'm literally scared shitless no joke :(

but have a great week everybody! enjoy these extremely soft pictures, which i saved, and at the same time, i think saved me. pls frame these pictures on my grave btw thx

 pls frame these pictures on my grave btw thx

love, twinkle.