Chapter 10

The rain continued to pour as we made our way through the streets, up ahead I saw the crashed helicopter Waller had entered and saw the bullets through the glass. i was slightly surprised when we didn't find her body inside which to me didn't make sense. coming from my personal expereicne from her i would gladly take the first chance of killing her.

"So let me guess, we're going to the swirling ring of trash in the sky" Floyd glared at Flagg "when does this end Flagg?"

"Load up, get ready for a fight"

Sighing I heard my back crack from tonights activities, as we walked past the trash i caught sight of a small teddy bear

Flashback

"But it's so cute daddy why?"

"This is for the children who need it Evelyn, children who deserve toys"

My bottom lip wobbled as the stuffed bear looked back at me innocently as if to say 'pick me up'

End of flashback

"Oy" feeling nudged I saw Digger looking at me "you alright there"

putting on a bright smile i nodded before continuing to walk, i only stopped when Deadshot threw something near Flagg.

"You tell everybody, everything, or you and me are gonna go right now"

frowning i turned my attention to the man who remarkably still had a few solders around him, all of whom looked at equally loss as us.

"3 days ago, a non-human entity appeared in the subway station. So Waller sent me and a woman with incredibles abilities. A witch. See, nobody could get near this thing, but... The witch could. Needless to say the whole thing was a bad idea. And that's how she escaped from Waller. So now you know"

"So basically this was your fault and you expected to risk our lives for a ... witch ... who could do god knows what and in the process get us killed? why am I not shocked you lied to us" I spat, Flagg looked away

"You can just kill me right now but... I'm going to have a drink"

"Best idea I've heard all night" turning I quickly followed him, Digger and Harley following shortly behind

"Hey, Deadshot, I need your help.

"No, sir. You need a miracle"

I saw Harley give a dramatic bow before following me and Deadshot into the surprisingly neat bar.

I grabbed a bottle of tequila and sat on the bar as I watched Harley busy herself by making drinks.  Floyds started to talk how we almost paid it off, I rolled my shoulder as the injury stared to hurt but I wasn't complaining I've had worse.

things got real deep when Diablo and Floyd started to talk though which diverted my attention from my injury and towards the argument.

"It's coming back around for you. How many people you killed, man?" Diablo turned to Deadshot who alsmost glared at the firefly

"You don't ask nobody no question like that, ese"

"You ain't ever whacked down no women. No kids"

"I don't kill women or children"

"I do"

I shared a look with Harley who, like me, seemed a little shocked at this remark. sure he was a dangerous individual but he didn't seem like a person who would kill women or children. not that it would matter really they were all the same to me.

"See, I was born with the devil's gift. I kept it hidden most of my life, but... The older I got, the stronger I got. So I started using it. For business, you know, the more power on the street I got, the more firepower I got. Like that shit went hand in hand. You know, one was feeding the other. Ain't nobody tell me no. Except my old lady. You know, she used to pray for me. Even when I didn't want it. God didn't give me this. Why should he take it away? See, when I get mad, I lose control. You know, I just... I don't know what I do... Till it's done"