Chapter 6

I panted as I froze three more of the fugly things before feeling something grab me from behind, I hissed as I felt a sharp pain to my shoulder but quickly grabbed my knife and stabbed the thing in the head. I spotted Deadshot shooting them before they had a chance to pass the collision of cars and I had to admit that shit was pretty impressive. Eyeing Flagg from the corner view I saw the hesitation in his eyes to admit if it weren't for Deadshot we'd all be in pretty much of a shit place, especially considering he was the one to tell Harley if Flagg died we all died. After the hundreds of bullets silence was all you could hear apart from the fire burning and rubble falling from the fight, I watched in satisfaction as Deadshot walked to Flagg "that's how I cut and run"

I grinned before making my way to Harley who was still smashing the hell out of one of the dead things "I think it's dead Harls"

She stopped but still protested it moved slightly before kicking it

"You got wounded their darling" Boomer pointed to my shoulder, I actually forgot about the wound as my skin turned colder to prevent the pain radiating across my shoulder. I sighed as I noted the strap of the top was split and a big gash of a cut was now on my shoulder. That was going to leave a scar. I looked to Harley who was inspecting the scar

"Sorry Harls"

She waved me off "Don't worry about it, I've got plenty"

"Hey you were some help princess" Boomer spoke to Diablo who had now decided to join us

"It's better this way" he moved his hand showing his fire "trust me"

"Ooo" Boomer mockingly said "you're the fire bloke ey? Well look'e here it's fire oooooo"

Bloody aussie was going to get himself killed by fire before an explosive bomb in his neck, I rolled my eyes and looked to Deadshot smirking "good work their hitman, I'm impressed"

He gave me a smile back but quickly looked serious as Flagg approached them all barking out orders

"What are they?" Harley questioned while twirling her hair

Flagg gave her a bullshit response saying he didn't know which of course Deadshot pressed him on "bullshit, thing has a three thousand dollar watch on, is that person?"

I frowned while looking back down at the thing and felt my stomach turn I looked to croc with a grin "and people say you look bad"

He grunted or maybe snarled at me before moving away, I guess he was sensitive about his looks.

"Hey don't" Flagg snapped at Boomer who looked back at him all innocent holding a watch "we got a job to do" surprisingly croc growled at Flagg standing beside boomer like they were best friends "let's move"

Just for the fun of it I froze a match of ground and giggled as some soldier's fell "Hey" Flagg marched over to me and pinned me to the wall, I hissed slightly as the bricks scratched against my wounds "do you want your head blown off"

"Do you want yours blown sweetie, is that's why your so annoying, misses ain't givin it to ya, I'm not gonna solve that problem for ya" I laughed in his face and watched as he reached for his device before being stopped by deadshot

"Hey man, knock it off, she's just playing"

He shrugged off deadshot "don't took me inmate" he stomped off

"Hey, try not to die dollface, we still need you if we've got a chance of escaping"

I nodded and patted his shoulder "ok" I reached round my back and grabbed my axe and rested it on my sore shoulder, still feeling uneasy more of those things might be lurking around.

--

We continued to walk down the streets I looked up to the sky and memorized the stars. I know it was a cheesy thing to do but my god I forgot how beautiful they were, I used to look at them all the time when I ended my day of crime in my hide outs.

"You alright there chica" I turned to diablo, I hadn't realized I had strayed from the group until I saw them waiting near row of shops

"Yeah" I began to walk "just been a long time since I've seen stars"

He walked beside me in silence before speaking "how long have you been in Belle Reve?" we got closer to the group who had now begun walking

"Since I was 15, the bat got me on my 15th birthday"

"Damn, you've been in there longer than any of us"

I nodded before looking at him "how come you won't use your powers?"

He stared at me for a while before speaking "I've done things I'm not proud of, I'm not going to use my powers for nothing anymore"

"So you seek redemption? Must have been pretty bad things you did, I'm guessing to someone close to you"

He eyed me "you read minds as well"

I smiled, a genuine smile "no, but it's usually the way it goes. Just a little tip people who look to amend pass sins actually fight for the good side, not stand around waiting to be killed, because let's be honest if you really wanted to die, you would piss of colonel dickface over there"

A smash brought us out of our intense conversation and we saw Harley lean over and grab a purse

"Seriously, the hell is wrong with you people?"

"we're bad guys it's what we do" she said with a roll of her eyes before walking away, I spotted a cute heart print top on a mannequin, I walked into the smashed display and removed my spoilt top and placed the off the shoulder shirt on me, loving how soft it was. I huffed in annoyance as I felt my hair tie become loose so I redid that and felt immediately better.

"Come on darling; don't want to make the nasty colonel mad"

I grinned at Boomer who was waiting for me, stepping down I shot him a wink before walking away. What? He was actually quite attractive!

I walked closer to Katana and nudged her playfully, I was slightly taller than her but she gave me a glare which told me she had no problem taking me down "you're not much of a talker are ya"

She blanked me and continued to walk, I chuckled before walking next to Harley, at least she was entertaining "so, you heard anything from you other half?"

She grinned deviously and nodded "he's on his way"

I chuckled "well I hope he's armed, does he know about your little problem" I discreetly pointed to her neck which caused her to giggle

"Yep, why would you miss me if I die?"

I gasped "of course, who else am I getting clothes from"

She giggled and linked our arms "what's going on with you and aussie over there" she arched her eyebrow "some serious foreplay happening"

I shrugged "he's cute"

She just made a noise while giving me a smirk.