Like It's Her Birthday

10th January 2038      (Hudson, Ryan and Noah are 10 weeks old)

Declan's POV

I quietly snuck out of bed, careful to not disturb my girl as she slept peacefully and quickly slipped on a pair of shorts, a singlet and shoes, then tip toed over to the dresser where my wallet and phone rested. Taking another glance at Bell, I slipped out the door and closed it gently behind me, once I turned I almost died from fright, Nick was standing there with his arms folded across his chest and his eyebrows raised at me.

"Where are you sneaking off too?" he asked, his eyes narrowing a little at me, I grinned and shook my head, I guess it is unusual for me to be creeping slowly around the house at six in the morning.

"Just need to check on Bell's birthday present." I grinned and started to walk down the hall and then stopped, shit, I spun around and walked back to Nick and gave him a big bear hug.

"Happy birthday Nick." I chuckled and gave him a kiss on his cheek, the look on his face was worth it, I chuckled and then left him standing there looking like a stunned mullet. I found Matt standing in the kitchen drinking a coffee, I looked into the family room and noticed Summer playing with my boys on the floor. Last night she offered to take care of the boys for us so we could catch up on some sleep, Bell is taking full advantage of that, I wanted to get up and make sure everything was ready to go.

"Happy birthday Matt." I chuckled when I heard his groan, he told us last night not to mention his birthday as he was feeling too old, I just couldn't resist, it's not everyday you turn fifty eight.

"Thanks, now are you ready to head off?" he asked as he rinsed out his cup and placed it in the drying rack, I nodded but before I go anywhere, I have to say good morning to my babies. They are getting bigger everytime I see them, I walked over to where Summer had them on the play rug, I got down to their level and gave each one a kiss.

"You boys be good for Nanna, Daddy has a surprise for Mummy and hopefully I should be back before she wakes up." I said to them, all three sets of eyes were on me, they looked excited to see me, if I could fall in love with them more, I would've done that just then.

"They're always good, you two better hurry up before she notices you missing, this morning is going to be tough enough as it is." Summer smiled and then picked up Noah and showered him in kiss, Hudson had his feet in his mouth and Ryan was almost falling back to sleep. I got up fast and headed to where Matt was waiting, he looks happy this morning, maybe Summer gave him his favourite gift, which I intend to do the same for Bell once I'm back, he picked up his keys and I followed him out the house. We arrived in front of the house Bell and I will call home, I looked out the window and sighed happily, the whole house was complete last week, even the landscaping, which I haven't seen yet and I'm wanting to know how the back yard turned out.

"Let's take a look son." Matt grinned as we both stepped out of the car and just stood there looking at the facade of the house, the whole house has been rendered, the dark gray trimmings with the iron roofing, with the new garden out the front, it looks perfect, just like out of a magazine. With the keys in his hands, we walked slowly toward the front door, to have it all ready by today was hard work, but it certainly paid off, she's gonna love this.

"It's going to be very quiet at home without you lot there." Matt said as we walked around the double storey house, I was careful in picking the furniture to make sure it was something Bell would choose, plus I had some help from Summer. She had chucked a few magazines in front of Bell one day and told her to pick out her favourites and asked for her advice in redecorating their house, she did and I must say, I love the stuff she picked. I only decorated our room, the boys had their room done by their grandparents and I've done the family room area, I couldn't do all of it, I have to give her something to do, I'm sure she'll be dragging me out shopping tomorrow for the rest.