In Bloom

In Bloom

30th October (33 weeks and 4 days)

Declan's POV

These last three weeks has been tough on everyone, Callie's death shocked us all, Cade spent all his time trying to help Aidan out with Maci, and today will be hard to see him fly back to Annabelle. Annabelle was upset that she couldn't be here, but being close to her due date, she wasn't allowed to fly and be here with Cade. He's spent as long as he could with Aidan and will be flying back to New Zealand to be with Annabelle as she's due next week to have their daughter, I think this time will be worse saying bye to him, he needs to be here.

"Do you think he's going to be ok?" Cade asked as we packed his bags into the boot of the car, he's not due to leave for the airport for another couple of hours as he managed to get a direct flight and that takes off just before lunch. I had been staying at the hospital with Bell each night since Callie's passing, I just couldn't leave her side, I was scared something was going to happen to her, so while she had her friend Georgia visit her for the day today, I have come here to lend a hand.

"I hope so, Matt and Summer want him to move back home, he won't leave this place though, has he let anyone other than you touch Maci yet?" I asked, I feel so sorry for him, it's gotta be hard, and Maci is the closet thing to Callie he has left, I'd probably go all over protective over my babies as well, it's just too hard to imagine what he's feeling inside.

"No, surely that can't be a good thing, I don't know Dec, I'm worried he's going to slip into some kind of depression, Callie was his life, she was buried on the day that they were meant to be together for five years, I might be his twin but he needed her if not more than he needs me." Cade let that all out with a worn out sigh, I just hope he can let his Mum and Dad in, he's been shutting out everyone, I hate what this is doing to him.

"I know, your Mum has managed to get him to go there tonight, so that's a good start." I looked to Aidan's apartment and sighed, it's just like his soul has died and went with hers, but I'm hoping little Maci can pull him together, she is one gorgeous little girl, and I can see he loves her with everything he has.

"As soon as we can, Annabelle and I will be moving back, Aidan needs me just as much now and I can't be in two places, but I hate being this far from her, it'll be my luck she gives birth while I'm flying over the Tasman." he chuckled and closed the boot, we both then headed back inside the apartment where Aidan was giving Maci a bath, I have to admit, he's amazing at being her Dad. Cade and I stood back and watched as he had Maci hooked over his arm and was splashing in the water and was talking to her about all these things he's going to teach her, it's hard not to smile at the two of them.

"Can one of you pass me that towel." Aidan said not even turning around, he's already got those eyes in the back of his head. I leaned over to the counter and reached for the soft pink towel that had Maci's name on it and passed it to Aidan but he shook his head instead.

"No, wrap one end over your shoulder and the other over your arm." he said, I frowned as to why I had to do that, but did it anyways and then the next thing I know I saw him move with Maci and placed her in my arms, then covering her with the rest of the towel.

"You need to relax more, you'll have to get used to holding someone that tiny soon." Aidan chuckled as he moved over to get Maci something to wear. I looked down at the cutest little girl I've ever seen, her eyes wide open and looking at me, I went to move my hand to wipe some of the water drops from her face but she reached out and grabbed onto my fingers.