"Well then press the call for help button." He took another step forward.

"What do you think I'm doing!" Kate let out, repeatedly pouding on the call for help button, yet nothing was working, which only made her more angry, which resulted in her slamming the palm of her hands against all the buttons, hoping one would do something.

"Who's the child now." Castle chuckled under his breath.

"What did you say?" Kate said, turning to face him, but slightly startling when she realized how close he actually was. It wasn't a threatening presence but one where she wanted to grab his face and kiss his soft looking lips. But this was not the time.

"I said, who's the child now." He smirked, locking eyes with her.

"You're something else." She spat back, backing up away from him, and retreating to her corner of the elevator.

"I'm something else? I'm not the one who was keeping secrets!"

"What secrets!"

"Oh, playing that card? Of course."

"I'm not playing any card!"

"Keep telling yourself that."

"Oh I will! You know Castle, I thought you we were different. We may have hit a few bumps in the road but-"

"I'd say so."

"I wasn't finished."

Castle just rolled his eyes and turned away.

"I'm your partner, or at least I thought I was." Kate continued slowly.

"We stopped being partners the moment you lied to me, and we both know it. We both know that being in a partnership requires an equal amount of trust and honesty from both parties, and one of us is obviously lacking one of those, if not both." He huffed, trying his best from showing her his hand, but dealing out just enough to get her thinking, and to make her realize, really realize what he was talking about.

"I have never lied to you Castle."

"That's a fucking lie and you know it!"

"You've done it too! Don't pretend like you haven't!"

"Come on Kate! This conversation isn't about me! It's about you, remembering that I told you I loved you, and then brushing it off and pretending like it never happened! Like I never said it! Do you have any idea how that made me feel!

You have walls, you have all these precautions to keep you from feeling, and I have done my best at breaking them down and letting you know that you're not alone, but maybe you like being alone, because then you can feel sorry for yourself.

You lied to me for months, months! Do you have any idea how crushed I was! I heard you in that interrogation room saying how you remembered every second of your shooting. Every. Second. I thought, I really thought, that eventually you were going to let me in, but I feel like you just played with my heart and couldn't care less about me.

I can't keeping killing my self over waiting for you, and watching you be with these men who you obviously don't love, who your just trying to fill a void with, a void that will forever exist in you because you can't get over your mother's death!"

He paused to take a breath, not gauging her reaction.

"I mean come on Kate! It happened years ago, and I know you want to figure out who killed her, but don't you see where you've gotten? Nowhere! She's better off being remembered as the loving wife and amazing mother she was! You're not only ruining your life, your destroying everyone's around you! You can't do commitment because you're scared of it! And when you're scared of something, Kate, you run, and you leave behind all the people who really care about you, and who are really here for you, and you go off and ruin your life even more than you already have. Don't you understand that I hate seeing you hurt?