~Chapter 15~

You sighed to yourself as you continued to weave your threads into another setting, the warm threads bending and twisting together until they resembled a place. Wooden floors. Shallow booths and a tall, butcher block bartop with a broken jukebox. Grillby's. A large reflective dancefloor was surrounded by tables and a mute DJ stand was tucked in the corner. "Wowie Puppet!! This looks just like the club back home!" The Papyrus gushed.

You tried to force a smile, but it only seemed to intensify the sorrow in your one humane eye. Your other eye  the marked by ashen flesh and horrendous, discordant rings of color, glimmered as you spun your room of string. It reminded you of Euyridice. The latin-dressed skeleton laughed loudly as he spun into the center of his room and executed a perfectly simple twirl. He seemed so positive... so composed... even if he'd been trapped like all the other.

"I'm going to go check on the others." You said softly, trying to smile once again and failing. "See you later Dance!Pap."

"And to you as well Puppet!" He beckoned as he turned back to his dancefloor. You trudged through the void and looked around. You were surrounded by woven boxes like the one you'd just made. They resembled the real thing almost exactly, the fine weaving almost too intricate to be different, but you knew as well as they did. You knew as well as Error's prisoners.

You made a new setting with each person captured. You wanted them to have something familiar, even if Error thought you were being stupid. You didn't want to capture them, so you could at least offer them this little token.

You didn't dress like you used to. Your old, worn jeans had long since been widdled down to threads and disappeared. You used to let your hair hang freely around your head, but now it was tied back in a ribbon like, rainbow thread. Your body was sheltered only by the oversized sweater you wore, the wide neck falling off your shoulder. It's end dangled around your knees. You often looked down at yourself in curiousity. You felt like, in another time, it would have been weird if you dressed like that. You wiggled the toes of your barefeet and sighed again. You did that a lot. Sighing.

Your chest felt hallow. You tried to feel but the closest you ever got was a vague feeling of pity, but it wasn't even yours. It was reflected in the horrified eyes that saw your ghastly scars. The grey tone that leeched across you like an infection, discoloring the skin and hair that was so unluckily placed there. And his eyes. Every time you sat it you wanted to claw it out. You hated it. You hated him. But he was all you knew. You didn't have many memories, almost known. Only distant echoes of names and blurry images that may have been dreams.

You hated it all, but you couldn't find the courage to leave. You were afraid this was the only place you could go...

"P-Puppet"

You heard the familiar stutter and looked up. A glimpse of black bone and you scowled instinctively. "Oh, it's you... You're more stable I see."

"With so m-m-many world c-crumbl-ling I'm able to c-collect myself more. I-I don't have to s-spread myself so t-thin." Error explained.

You didn't respond, instead sitting and pulling your hand together in front of you. Focusing, then closing your eyes, a pair of metal knitting needles dropped into your palms. You extended a pinkie and from it curled a tight ball of sky blue yarn. It wound quickly until it was as large as your foot then stopped. You took the end and began to knit a new sweater to add to your collection. Error face screwed up as you ignored him.

"Don't ig-ignore m-me!!!" He barked.

"What are you gonna do? Kick me out? Erase my memories." Your gaze challenged his as you continued to knit. "I'm almost emotionally empty and the only thing I ever do is keep the monsters here from rioting. All getting rid of me will do is make it harder for you."