Chapter Nine

*So this chapter is, for the most part, unsatisfactory. But it gives you a little look into Andie's past, so I guess that's pretty important. Also, really sorry that this chapter is so short. I just really had no ideas left for it.*

Chapter Nine

I flopped down in my recliner, stretching my arms and legs in every direction before curling up into a ball. I was so glad to be home, you believe it. We had a week between our first and second show, and I was catching up on my sleep. Trying to, at least. Unfortunately, my cell phone decided to ring.

Groaning loudly, I fumbled around in my pockets to find it before the caller hung up. "Hello?" I demanded, irritated at getting my sleep interrupted.

"Did you enjoy your time in Vegas, Andie?"

Oh, shit. "What the hell do you want, Darren? Haven't you grown tired of rejection by now?" I snapped.

At the mention of Darren, four heads popped into view: Merritt's from the couch, Jack's from the kitchen, Danny's from his bedroom, and Henley's from the front door. She's returned from her coffee run at a convenient moment. All of their eyes were wide, and all of their mouths were open to say something. I held up my finger to shush them; my stalker was speaking.

"It's not rejection, Andie. It's just playing hard to get." I snorted. "Don't laugh when I'm being serious. It's not nice," he scolded. I could just imagine him shaking his finger at me.

Jack crept closer and held out his hand, asking for my phone. I shook my head. "No, it's okay. I can handle it," I assured him.

He didn't look convinced. "Put it on speaker," Danny called, striding over to stand on my other side. "I want to hear what that creep is saying." I quickly complied.

"Is that Danny?" Darren's voice filled the room. My fellow Horsemen drew nearer to the phone resting on my knee. "Hello, Danny. Long time no see. Too bad you had to leave early the last time we met. The food was excellent."

Jack, Merritt, and Henley looked at Danny and me in surprise. We'd carefully not told them about our encounter with Darren in Vegas. Danny ignored their faces and curled his lip in disgust. "If you really thought I'd let Andie just sit there while you stared at her like a rapist, then you've obviously got some issues in your mind," Danny snapped. I quietly slapped him a high-five.

Darren was sounding mildly irritated. "I was not staring at her like a rapist! We were having a lovely time, and you ruined the moment!"

"We weren't having a moment!" I exclaimed, crossing my arms.

"I'd watch what I'm saying if I were you, Andie," Darren said in a warning tone. "I saw what happened after you left. I might accidentally mention it to your friends."

Danny and I gave each other a horrified look. He couldn't possibly know that Danny had almost kissed me. Could he? I make my expression neutral and manage to say, in a condescending voice, "So you saw me bust his nose. Big deal. They already know."

Darren clicks his tongue. "But do they know why?" Henley, Jack, and Merritt fix the two of us with curious looks. "I'm going to take your silence as a 'no'. I'd be willing to drop that subject if you do one thing for me, Andie dear."

"She's got going on another 'date' with you!" Danny growls.

"You should watch your tone, Mr. Atlas. You're not helping your case any." Danny quickly shuts up. Darren goes on. "So, Andie, I came across the tape from your police interrogation. I did some research into your background, and I realized that the FBI left out one vital piece of information. Do you know what that is?"