Chapter Four

*Hey everyone! Did you miss me? Probably not, because it's been less than a week since I last updated this story! Aren't you proud of me? Okay, so I've been wondering: do you guys ship anyone? Are there any AndiexJack fans, or AndiexDanny, or even AndiexMerritt? What's your ship? Let me know in the comments, because I'm curious as to what you guys are thinking. Enjoy the chapter!*

Chapter Four

If you were to fast forward a couple of weeks, you'd find Daniel and I doing what we do best: arguing. Only this time, it had nothing to do with the task ahead of us or my not-so-subtle hinting at his questionable sexuality. No, this time, it was food. Which is a completely serious subject, believe me.

"We just had Chinese food last Saturday!" Daniel barked.

I rolled my eyes. "Daniel, there is never a bad time to have Chinese food. And, anyway, it's Sunday. It's technically been over a week since we've had it." I sniffed, crossing my arms. "Besides, nobody else wants Mexican food."

"Who says they want Chinese?" Daniel countered.

Jack cleared his throat. "Uh, you know, maybe if you asked us - "

"Shut up, Jack!" we yelled in unison.

This had been going on for almost fifteen minutes. Merritt, Henley, and Jack were standing quietly by and watching the ordeal unfold in front of them, their heads turning back and forth to watch each of us speak our turn, like they were observing a table tennis match. I'd have thought it was funny if I wasn't already so pissed off.

I lowered my voice into a dangerous octave. "Fine. If we can't come to an agreement on those, then what else do you suggest?"

"Thai food."

"So I can listen to you complain about the heat all night? No. Indian food."

"That's disgusting. Mongolian."

"Are you trying to make me fat?"

"You're the one that wanted Chinese!"

"Are you insinuating something, Daniel?"

"Maybe I am!"

"Watch your mouth, Atlas, before I break that pretty nose of yours!"

"I'd like to see you try!"

I made to jump forward, but stopped when I saw something. Well, it was something that I didn't see, rather. Our three companions had left us all alone in the living room. Their shoes were gone from their place by the front door. They'd abandoned us.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. My heart automatically accelerated to a million miles an hour before I remembered I'd gotten a new number. It couldn't be Darren.

I fished the device out of my pocket and unlocked it, finding a text message from Jack. Sorry we left you with Danny. But we were hungry, and you didn't look like you were going to give up your fight anytime soon. We'll be back later. Why don't you try and talk things out with each other? Trust me; it'd be better for all of us.

Scoffing lightly, I held the phone out to Daniel. His blue eyes scanned the message quickly. His lips slowly rotated into a frown. "'Talk things out'? Are they crazy?" he exclaimed, passing my phone back over to me. "They do know that's pretty much impossible, right?"

I shrugged. My stomach took that moment to growl extremely loudly. "I don't know about you, but I'm really hungry right now." I began to walk to the kitchen. "I wish they'd have just split us up and taken us with them."

"Yeah, I know."

I rummaged through the cupboards, trying to find some source of sustenance. All I found was a box of noodles and some spaghetti sauce. Well, if I couldn't have Chinese food, Italian was the next best thing. I set a pot of water on the stove to boil and prepared the sauce, humming Fall Out Boy under my breath as I did so.