Jet

Sky's POV

Me, Iroh and Zuko were the only ones on deck sitting in a circle/triangle. Zuko with his head in his hands and Iroh had a cup of tea in his hands as usual. "So are either of you going to say anything or am I the the one that's going to do all the talking." I said. "How far along are you then my dear?" Iroh asked. "Just now about three months." I replied. Zuko raised his head from his hands and asked, "How long have you known?" "Since that day you found Katara's necklace. But I kind of suspected It when I was about a month," I said. "Why didn't tell me this before?" Zuko practically shouted. "I didn't tell you then because I didn't want to give your hopes up. Anyway aren't you happy about this?" I asked looking down at my hands. Zuko stood up and began to paste back and forth. I watched the gears in his head turning, thinking about how to reply. 

Once he finally stopped he said, "This couldn't of came at a worse time. I'm so close to capturing the Avatar." I began to tear up. I was looking at my lap in sorrow. I thought he'd be happy about the baby. It's not like we've never talked about having kids. Zuko looked at me and realised what he said was a mistake. "I didn't mean that. I'm just in a bit of shock." Zuko said as he lifted my head, so I was now looking at his face. He then saw the tears running down my cheeks. He quickly wiped them away and pulled me into a heart-warming hug. I began to sod in his arms. "I thought you would be happy about the baby. We have talk about having kids before. I thought you would be happy." I hiccupped as I began to calm down. I hadn't even noticed that while I was crying Zuko carried me to our room and had place me on the bed. "I'm sorry my fire lily. I do want this baby. I'm just beginning to come to terms that this really happening." He said as he laid beside me on the while stroking my stomach gently. "There's really a baby in there isn't there. My baby. OUR baby." He continued. "Yes. Even went to a healer to check on the baby when I got those little shoes." He just looked down at me with love in his eyes. He then began to kiss down my neck and we spent the rest of the day making love and planning for the baby. I wished that we could just stay like that forever, but I knew that thing would have to change. No pain, no gain as people from my world say.