The Storm

Sky's POV

I was standing on the main deck of the ship with Iroh and Zuko. "There is a storm coming. A big one." Iroh said as Zuko looked through a telescope. Zuko lowered the telescope to say, "You're out of your mind, Uncle. The weather's perfect. There is not a cloud in sight." "The storm is approaching from the north. I suggest we alter our course and head southwest." Iroh reasoned. "I have to agree with Iroh. There is always calm before a storm." I stated. Zuko said, "We know the Avatar is travelling northward, so we will do the same."Iroh protested, "Prince Zuko, consider the safety of the crew. Of the safety of your wife and unborn child!" Zuko suddenly shouted, "The safety of the crew doesn't matter!"

Zuko's eyebrow goes up in concern as a crewmember enters from in the background onto the deck. It was the Lieutenant, who has clearly overhead Zuko's remark and was unhappy. Zuko, realizing this, begins to speak to the Lieutenant and walk up until his face is right in front of the Lieutenant's. "Finding the Avatar is far more important than any individual's safety." Zuko calmly stated to his face. Zuko entered the ship and shuts the hatch behind him. Iroh stood next to the Lieutenant. My mind was still processing what he said when Iroh said, "He doesn't mean that, he's just all worked up."

It then hit me like a tonne of bricks.

My heat broke.

Tears started to run down my face.

I just ran through the hatch to end up In Zuko's and I's room. I jumped onto the bed with my head in the pillows. I just sobbed and sobbed. I didn't know if it was my own emotions or the pregnancy hormones, but I just felt utterly heart broken. And there was nothing anyone could do about it.

~This time skip is brought to by Sokka getting kick on the but by a mean shop lady~

Still Sky's POV

It was only when I woke did I discover that I had been sleeping. It must if been for a long time because the storm Iroh and I predicted was in full force. I went to find Iroh only to be told to follow him. So, I did. Me and Iroh enter a room to heard Lieutenant Jee say, "I'm sick of taking his orders and I'm tired of chasing his Avatar!" The Lieutenant was sitting at a table and addressing a crewman on his left, making wide hand gestures to drive home his point. Lieutenant Jee then continued, "I mean who does Zuko think he is?"

"Do you really want to know?" Iroh asked in the shadow with me by his side. The Lieutenant and the three-other crewman at the fire barrel stood in respect. "General Iroh! We were just –" Lieutenant Jee started to say. Iroh and walked into the light and Iroh's hand raised in acceptance, "It's ok. May we join you?" Lieutenant Jee said, "Of course, sir! Princess!" Iroh and I approached and sat down with the men. Iroh stroked his beard and began to speak, "Try to understand, my nephew is a complicated young man. He has been through much..."

Flashback

Third person's POV

A younger Zuko, without his trademark scar, but a look of determination, however, has not changed. He walked down a hall to a pair of Fire Nation guards who blocked his attempt to enter the room beyond. Zuko then said, in a higher voice than what it is now, "Let me in!" Iroh appeared from the left behind him, putting his hands on the young man's shoulders Iroh said, "Prince Zuko, what's wrong?" "I want to go into the war chamber, but the guard won't let me pass!" Zuko reply but his voice broke slightly at the end. Zuko was clearly disappointed. Iroh lid him a short distance away from the guards as Lady Sky was given entry to the war chamber making Zuko feel even worse that his fiance got to go to the meeting but not him.

Once a small distance away Iroh said, " You're not missing anything, trust me. These meetings are dreadfully boring." " If I'm going to rule this nation one day, don't you think I need to start learning as much as I can? Like my beloved Lady Sky." Zuko said pleading and with love when mentioning his fiancé. "Very well." I said before taking a breath, "But you must promise not to speak. These old folks are a bit sensitive, you know." Iroh added. Zuko bowed to Iroh to say, "Thank you uncle!"