Chapter 1 - The Entrance Exam

**Uraraka's POV**

I had been training for several months prior to the exam. I felt sure that I was adequately prepared. But there still was a sliver of doubt buried in the pits of my stomach, and as I appoached the place where my future started, that nervous feeling began to arise into the top of chest, then into my throat.

I looked around at the other applicants. There were people who looked overly confident, almost cocky. But then I saw this one kid; he looked almost as nervous as I did, if not more so. He had dark green hair, and a nervous but determined expression on his face. He was kinda cute.

And then he tripped on himself.

He started falling and I started running towards him to catch him. Without my quirk, I probably would have not been able to catch him. My quirk was zero gravity. All I had to do was touch him and he was held in place, midway through falling. I silently giggled to myself. The expression on his face was that of shock.

"I hope you don't mind me using my quirk in you. I figured that you wouldn't have minded if I catch you." I smiled and said to him. He began mumbling in some incomprehensible language. I laughed. He really was cute. Especially when he was flustered like this. His face was so red that an unsuspecting stranger that walked by might mistake him for a tomato.

I smiled at him again, "Well, good luck on the exam!" I waved to him as I was walking away. He started to speak in his strange tongue and I tried really hard to keep my laughter inside.

Soon it was time for the practical exam to start. The pro hero Present Mic explained the point system and where we would be assigned. I was assigned to area B.

When we finally started, we all ran into the large arena with haste and began tearing these robots to shreds.

**Izuku's POV**

The practical exam started and I was already off to a bad start. Everyone else ran off and left me in their dust. I took off and started looking for points. Albeit hard since most of them  were already destroyed or in the process of being destroyed, and on top of that, I had not even practiced using One For All. So I didn't know how to use it. Several minutes went by, although it felt like hours.

I was terrified. I wasn't going to get a single point. Every time I turned my head, there were robots smashed and crushed all around me. I had a run-in with a three pointer and that did not end well. I was already beaten when the worst possible outcome came true.

The robot worth no points came around the corner. The thing was gigantic. It was at least twice the size of any of these buildings. It had already destroyed everything around it.

Then I heard something.

"HELP!"

A girl crying for help. I looked around and saw her. The girl who stopped me from falling this morning. She was buried under a huge pile of rubble. And the robot was about to bring it's giant, metal fist on top of her.

I had to do something.

But before I knew it, my body moved without my command, and I was in the air getting a right hook ready. But it felt different. Like it was a powerful punch.

**Uraraka's POV**

The boy heard me. He scanned me for a second and even before I blinked, he was in the air ready for a punch. He can't possibly defeat that thing, can he? I thought as I saw his legs flailing around like they had been completely shattered. But oh, how wrong I was.

His punch had sent the head of the robot flying off its body and the rest of it being shattered into pieces. However, his arm started flailing like his legs were and he was falling. Fast.

I had to catch him. I couldn't just let him fall to his death. I used my quirk to levitate the objects holding me down and used them as a stepping stool. Once I was able to get right below him...

I slapped him.

But thanks to my quirk, he began to levitate too. So I dropped him gently onto the ground. I began to feel nauseous. Uh oh. I thought. "Release!" I said. Everything I was holding up dropped to the ground and I was hunched over a piece of that robot.

I began to throw up rainbows. My drawback to my quirk is that if I use it too much, It makes me extremely nauseous and I puke. But I was glad that he was safe.

But he didn't get any points. None. Zero. Zilch. I had over 30. I had to help somehow.

A few days later.

**Izuku's POV**

I had gotten a letter from UA. My scores on the exam. I had gotten no points on the practical exam, and I only barely finished the written portion. I didn't want to open it. But I did anyway. It was a hologram projector. All Might greeted me. He began to monologue about what a true hero really is. I attentively listened to every word. I started crying. I felt bad because all that training he did with me was pointless. There was no way I passed.

He showed me a video. It was of that nice girl who saved me during the exam. She looked like she was talking to Present Mic.

"Um, excuse me but um..." She stuttered a lot. I thought it was kinda cute. "Is there any way I could maybe give some of my points to someone else? You know, the small kid with the scruffy hair and freckles? He wanted to get at least one point, but the time ran out before he could. And I got so many, I felt bad." She looked down at the ground. Present Mic put his hand on her shoulder. "That's very kind of you, but that kid is fine." He said simply. And that was the end of the video. All Might began to speak again.

"A hero is not defined only by brute force and strength, but also by the willingness to put one's own life in danger to save another. That's why we had rescue points! A panel of judges scored the applicants based on how willing they were to risk their life for another's." I began crying hysterically.

"Izuku Midoriya! SIXTY RESCUE POINTS! OCHAKO URARAKA! FORTY FIVE RESCUE POINTS!"

By this point I was really crying.

"Congratulations young man, you are now part of the Hero Academia." He finished with his signature smile on his face. I was crying so hard that I didn't know what to do with myself.

But I did it.

I REALLY DID IT! IM GONNA BECOME A HERO!

Hi guys! I hope you like this chapter and continue to support this new work. I apologize to all the fans of Hero Academia. It was really hard to do that last scene justice. I hope you guys think I did a good job. Because that scene is one of my personal favorites! Anyways guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and look forward to the next! Bye!