Chapter 27: I'm In Pain

Jace
"We have to talk."

I straighten myself from my position on the couch and look up to see Emma staring at me.

Right. I knew she was going to bring it up soon.

"What about?" I ask and pat the space beside me and she sits.

"About yesterday. Mostly what you said" she pauses then adds. "And did."

"Look, I knew you were going to bring this up, sooner or later, so yes, it's true. I really like you."

She just keeps staring at me and then says. "Okay" and stands up.

"Hold on. Where are you going?" I ask her.

"Back to my room" she says simply.

"But.. we're not done talking" I cry incredulously.

She rubs her temples and sits down. "Look Jace, I'm confused. First you kiss me, then say you like me. So, after that what happens?"

"H-happens? Are you asking me to ask you out?" My eyes bulge.

"I'm asking you to think. So you like me and I like you. What do you think?" And with that she leaves me alone to my thoughts.

Ohhhh shit. This is really bad. I wasn't planning on asking her out. I wasn't planning on doing anything yet. But she said-- Wait! She said she likes me.

I immediately got up and ran to my room. "Hey Lo, she said she-- Oh."

What I walked into was not a pretty sight. Logan had Mia pinned against the wall and they we're in the middle of a heated make out session.

"You know what? I'll come back later" I say quickly and rush out.

I don't even think they noticed me, I thought as I went back to the living room.

I'm sure everyone was now going to be in an awkward tension and luckily we were going home tomorrow.

I saw Mia scramble towards her room and soon after, my best friend.

"I see that you've worked your magic" I chuckled.

He just grinned, plopped down beside me and collected the remote, scrolling through the channels.

"Dude, come on. Details" I groan. That's Logan. Always wanting to be begged.

He sighed and started talking. "I kissed her."

"Yeah, I noticed."

"And she kissed me back."

"Yeah, I noticed."

"I like her."

"Yeah, I noticed."

"I think she likes me back."

"Yeah, I noticed."

"You're an ass."

"Yeah, I no-- Hey!"

He chuckled, then proceeded to explain it all to me.

"You lied?" I raise an eyebrow.

"All for a good cause" he grinned.

"So let me get this straight. You told her you needed help with your "niece" who needed girl advice, cornered her, and kissed her?"

"Yep" he said popping the p.

"Idiot" I mutter, shaking my head.

"You love me" he grinned.

He eventually settled on a football game that was showing.