Pack Meeting

Camila's pack was preparing for the other wolves to arrive. Dinah's wolf started to get anxious again and Camila knew why. Dinah was going to meet her mate. And soon. Dinah was in for one hell of a night. Camila had to be prepared. She wanted to size up her betas mate and make sure they were good enough. But she knew that as soon as Lauren stepped foot in her house they'd be inseparable. It was the bond between mates. The fact that they were BOTH alphas meant that the bond would be much more powerful. They'd destroy anyone who got in their way.

Lauren's pack was getting ready. Normani was having the same trouble with her wolf, Jarindel, as Dinah was with hers. Lauren looked at her beta and had trouble containing her laughter. Sure she wanted to take Camila on the spot and her wolf was itching to get out. But her wolf already knew she had Camila. That was good enough for her for the time being. That night was sure going to be interesting. One thing Lauren was nervous about was meeting Ally. What would she think of it? Would she approve? Nothing can get in between mates but she is the one taking care of Camila.

Lauren's pack was ranked like this, Lauren as alpha, Normani as beta, then Veronica, Alexis, Keana, Liam, Niall, Harry, and Lucy. All of them had been born into the same pack. When Lauren turned 18 she decided that she wanted to do her own thing. This meant leaving her family and original pack. She had to create her own so all of the children of the original pack decided to follow her. Lucy had tried to make moves on multiple occasions but, Lauren was saving herself for her mate. When she thought about it Lauren became quite embarrassed. She would be inexperienced while Camila could have done all of those intimate things with some human or mutt. And that thought made Lauren mad. She started pacing around her room growling at every person it could have been. She could have slept with one of her pack members or one of the girls that always stare at her. Those sluts were probably still all over Camila. Lauren kept getting more and more livid. She wanted to break things and rip people apart. All of the thoughts invading her mind were making her wolf want to come out.

Normani was finished getting ready and she heard her alpha growl. She was confused about what could be making her best friend so angry. Normani knocked on the door and opened it. What she saw was a furious Lauren who was half wolf with fangs, claws, and glowing green eyes. She thought Lauren was only growling but she was mumbling to herself. Lauren was mumbling names.

"Lauren? Are you okay?" Normani asked quite concerned. Lauren snapped her head in Normani's direction and growled. But it wasn't just growling. It was words covered with a growl.

"I'm fine Mani," Lauren mumbled with a heavy growl.

"It doesn't seem like it. You look mad. You're growling. You're pacing and you're half wolfed out. Seriously Laur, what's wrong?" Lauren sighed.

"You know how I saved myself for my mate? Well I was just thinking... What if she didn't save herself? What if one of those slut humans made that move with her? Or worse... One of the mutts in her pack? You haven't seen the way girls look at her Mani. They look at her like she's a piece of meat. So do the guys but I'm not worried about them. I'm just so mad that one of them could have taken that before I had the chance." Normani was shocked at Lauren's outburst.

"Laur. Calm down. You're her mate. She won't be attracted to anyone else but you. And so what if they took it? That just means your first time won't be awkward and... First timey?... I don't know how to word that. But she seems sweet and caring by the way she is treating the situation." Normani said sincerely. Lauren nodded and tried to calm herself down.

"So what time are we going to start heading over?" Normani asked.

"In about an hour. I'm really nervous Mani. What if they don't like me? I know they don't have much of a choice but I still want to make a good impression."

"Woah Laur. Slow down. You'll be fine. They'll love you. You're an amazing person and Camila already loves you. Even if neither of you were wolves she would still love you. You're beautiful, smart, kind, and caring. They would be fools to hate you. That and Camila would probably rip off their heads for talking bad about her mate. Hmmm. Werewolf love. So aggressive." Lauren giggled at her best friend and betas last comment.

"I guess you're right Mani. I can't wait until she's mine. Apollo is really antsy about seeing our mate. Enough about me. So Jarindel is really jumpy today." Lauren smirked. Normani narrowed her eyes at Lauren.

"What are you trying to say?" Normani asked while slowly backing away from Lauren. She then turned and ran out of the room with Lauren chasing her, laughing. Lauren then jumped on Normani. Knocking her to the ground.

"Mani's gonna meet her mate today!" Lauren giggled.

"Nooo! You're going to embarrass me like you did when I got my first boyfriend!" Normani groaned. Lauren laughed.

"It's my job as-"

"My alpha I know."

"No. I was going to say as your best friend." Lauren got off of Normani and looked at her. They both sat up.

"Normani. I'm your best friend first. This is love we're talking about. Not a hunt. I just want you to be happy." Lauren said sincerely. Normani just looked down at her lap.

"Mani... What's wrong?"

"What if they don't want me? What if I'm not good enough for them? I'm scared Lauren." Normani looked up with tears in her eyes. Lauren pulled Normani into a hug.

"Whoever they are would be stupid not to want you. You're gorgeous, funny, and kind. Do you remember our first day of junior high? Our moms had us dressed up in those really weird matching outfits. An eighth grade girl walked up to us and called us weird freaks. Saying that we looked ugly. You dragged me to the bathroom took out your scissors and our make-up and fixed the outfits. When we walked out her face was priceless. She was afraid that we were going to beat her up because we looked hot and intimidating. You walked straight up to her, looked her in the eyes and told her she looked really pretty. Mani. You're the sweetest person anyone could ever meet. They're really lucky to have you" Lauren meant everything she said.